View Full Version : OTW TV

Rockport24
03-06-2007, 02:10 PM
this week was a repeat, so I'm assuming that's it for the new season, great bunch of shows, but I'm curious, how come no surfcasting shows this season?

lurch
03-06-2007, 02:12 PM
IMO this season sucks so far.

Flaptail
03-06-2007, 02:19 PM
this week was a repeat, so I'm assuming that's it for the new season, great bunch of shows, but I'm curious, how come no surfcasting shows this season?

I don't like lights on when I am fishing at night on the beach and they have done RI a couple of times.

MrHunters
03-06-2007, 02:23 PM
there was only maybe 4 episodes or so with the new beginning.

that can't be it.

Rockport24
03-06-2007, 02:36 PM
I know! why the repeat this week then?
who wants to make a surfcasting show with me? I'll shoot it in "paris hilton" night mode! :rotf2:

The Dad Fisherman
03-06-2007, 02:48 PM
I'll shoot it in "paris hilton" night mode! :rotf2:

Skank-O-Vision :hee:

BigFish
03-06-2007, 02:51 PM
I have been wondering also why no "Surfcasting the Cape" shows???? Never any surf fishing the sand...I might be wrong? I think they should do one on surf fishing and plugging the beach/rocky areas!:kewl:

EricM
03-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Do they ever post epidsodes on the net so you can download and watch the archives?

Rockport24
03-06-2007, 03:05 PM
no they don't, but they have DVD's for sale with all the episodes from each season.
I agree BigFish, I think it would be really cool if they did a surfcasting show that focused on reading the water, lure/bait selection and talked about the conditions mix and all that, something that would get down to the real essence of surfcasting, not just cutting to a Steve McK as he slides a cow up on the rocks (although that was pretty damn cool).

Redsoxticket
03-06-2007, 03:23 PM
If you want a surfcasting episode or show then he will take committment from surfcasters that have a plan along with OTW.

Fish_Eye
03-06-2007, 06:29 PM
I directed and shot a majority of the surf fishing show with Steve McKenna, however, I didn't edit it. It could have and should have been a full half hour feature.

I tried to arrange another shore based shoot in 06 but weather and other shoots got in the way.

I'll push for a show that will make the sand people happy in 2007.

bassmaster
03-06-2007, 07:57 PM
I don't like lights on when I am fishing at night on the beach and they have done RI a couple of times.
told him when we was on that beach use night vision ya see on home camcorders..
2 days later i lay a 45 on the beach where we was:lm:

Flaptail
03-06-2007, 08:16 PM

You forgot it was snowing that night too!

Slipknot
03-06-2007, 08:27 PM

it wasn't even dark yet when you caught that:fishslap: so what's your point

The show sure beats most of the other fishing shows
I have not seen my favorite in a long time though, the Spanish Fly - great show.

Slipknot
03-06-2007, 08:29 PM
I'll push for a show that will make the sand people happy in 2007.

be sure to use photoshop to blotch out the spotburning features ;)

CAL
03-06-2007, 08:57 PM
It could have and should have been a full half hour feature.

I think all the shows should be half hour features. Little 8-10 minute ones suck.

For some reason I always miss that episode though :(

Flaptail
03-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Hopefully filming a segment on the outer beaches of the Cape will never come to pass. Too sacred I am afraid.

stiff tip
03-07-2007, 05:18 AM
........cant please everyone..... but you guys get a chance to tell what u want to see ... go to the shows and tell them....theyll make note... i hope.......hey... they could do a segment on the seals , and how helpfull they are to the fisherman.....

lurch
03-07-2007, 07:42 AM
They have written many articles about the canal so what about a show titled "jigging and plugging in the Canal" show? That would be cool!

Karl F
03-07-2007, 08:18 AM
Hopefully filming a segment on the outer beaches of the Cape will never come to pass. Too sacred I am afraid.

I can only Hope you are correct....
any Cape angler who would participate in that...
knows what fate would have in store...

bassmaster
03-07-2007, 09:28 AM
[QUOTE=Slipknot;471079]it wasn't even dark yet when you caught that:fishslap: so what's your point
[QUOTE]
dude that was another bass LOL, this phish was at night and I told them the feed was on at night,
we was real carefull of where we was fishing and I kinda felt like flap so I backed off on the whole thing
that Night . Tony C got a 52 ahh John Hollenberg got a big bass or a44 i think and I think the other guys name was mike Figersumtin got a 40 something or maybe he got the 44
the funny part was no one was near each other all with in 4 or 5 miles of each other, the only person I seen bout a mile away was I think tony after talking the next day to see who was out and that was to the Gossip Queen BeerBoy from Orleans.
it was the night I had to drag that thing a million miles

Karl F
03-07-2007, 10:12 AM
Figs, TC, and JH tell no tales of tails, they understand Omerta... the "gossip queen".. :hihi: passes on only filtered info.. always keep that in mind, you might be sent left, when you shoulda gone right, or, told nothing at all.. :hihi: ...perhaps I should ammend my original post.. to say that only a:
"Cape Attention Whore & Media Darling",
would host such an event ;).. hmmm.... who could that be???

Flaptail
03-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Fire up the popcorn maker Marge, the entertainment is about to start!:eek5:

Karl F
03-07-2007, 11:20 AM
:hihi:

bassmaster
03-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Figs, TC, and JH tell no tales of tails, they understand Omerta... the "gossip queen".. :hihi: passes on only filtered info.. always keep that in mind, you might be sent left, when you shoulda gone right, or, told nothing at all.. :hihi: ...perhaps I should ammend my original post.. to say that only a:
"Cape Attention Whore & Media Darling",
would host such an event ;).. hmmm.... who could that be???

i thought i had the series of 4 beaches to my self, till u told me them bums caught fish, it was funny though how we all homed in on that area if u think about it
great minds think alike :pop: . gossip queen

King Neptune
03-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Folks,

FYI, the new season is far from over. This week’s show will feature Charlie Cinto fishing Cuttyhunk exactly 37 years after he caught his record 73-pound fish. They troll Sow & Pigs with goo-goo eyes on wire line, just like in the good ‘ol days.

The show will also feature a good amount of Charlie’s old footage taken in the late 60’s and early 70’s.

OTW filmed four shore episodes last year (2 in the canal, 2 on the beach), but sadly, none of them will air this season. No one wants to watch people catching puny fish.

Slipknot
03-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Folks,

FYI, the new season is far from over. This week’s show will feature Charlie Cinto fishing Cuttyhunk exactly 37 years after he caught his record 73-pound fish. They troll Sow & Pigs with goo-goo eyes on wire line, just like in the good ‘ol days.

The show will also feature a good amount of Charlie’s old footage taken in the late 60’s and early 70’s.

:btu: :claps: I can't wait

Rockport24
03-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Folks,

OTW filmed four shore episodes last year (2 in the canal, 2 on the beach), but sadly, none of them will air this season. No one wants to watch people catching puny fish.

OHHHH THAT SUCKS!! they should just show them anyway, there had to be at least one decent fish?

Tburg
03-08-2007, 08:40 PM
It would be nice if the did do a show on reading the water and how to properly work different plugs. What MYSTERY BEACH would they do it from???