View Full Version : Illegal scum

UserRemoved1
03-07-2007, 05:44 AM
http://telegram.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070307/NEWS/703070636/1116

"The company produces various products, including lightweight backpacks, to fulfill $91 million in military contracts."

Michael Bianco Inc

Dood you should be HUNG OUT TO DRY

I hope they shut this guy down. :nailem:

UserRemoved1
03-07-2007, 05:47 AM
The owner of the New Bedford leather company, Francesco Insolia, 50, and three top managers were arrested after the raid yesterday. He is accused of hiring hundreds of illegal immigrants to work in “sweat shop” conditions to meet the demands of the military contracts.

NEW BEDFORD :doh:

MAC
03-07-2007, 06:03 AM
I hope they lose the key when they put him away. What a scumbag.

Raven
03-07-2007, 07:53 AM
I'd put him on the plane to way down south with no I.D. , and No money. he ain't good enough to feed to bluefish.

Diamond Tackle
03-07-2007, 09:51 AM
They need to bankrupt companies like this with fines and seisure of assets to set an example. This is pure greed and complete disregard for the law. The owners should also get mandatory jail time.

Swimmer
03-07-2007, 10:29 AM
I have been saying this for several years now, not only chatting about the problems illegals pose, but how they are taken advantage of also by thier employers. They have taxes taken out of thier pay checks that are deposited in non existing accounts and then at some point returned to the person who owns the company. So while they may be paying $7.50 per hour less bennys, they are actually only paying $5.00 per hour because the employer gets the other $2.50 per hour back when the government figures out the employee was using a fake SS #. On top of that they never get OT. I see this all the time.

Mike P
03-07-2007, 12:41 PM
Apparently, these guys were born too late--they should have been running factories round about the 1880s :realmad:

Some of the workplace rules that folks were talking about around the New Beffa courthouse today:

One bathroom break a day, timed at two minutes. Workers were "fined" $25 if they spent more than 2 minutes in the can. That would probably constitute a day's take-home.

Workers were docked an hour's pay for being 1 minute late.

The owners/managers are being prosecuted in Federal Court.

UserRemoved1
03-07-2007, 05:19 PM
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070307/D8NNHSM00.html

Note the army contract comment at the bottom. Disgusting this guy was making all this money and treating people like this. Even moreso is the fact that the DOD was allowing this to happen. These guys are like flies on crap inspecting things like this and no-one ever said anything?

Tagger
03-07-2007, 05:23 PM
Slavery

teaser
03-08-2007, 12:08 AM
I was there that morning, what a joke!
They had about 20 cop cars all with the lights flashing and hurrying to put up blockade fences, narcs everywhere, ambulances, buses, you name it they had it. And then after Ifinally got around the back by the beaches there were 2 rescue boats in the water waiting for the next idiots to try and swim away from the cops. Can you imagine jumping in the water on Tuesday morning with -10 degree weather to get away? Oh, they also had the Coast Guard helicopter hovering behind the building and making sweeps around the cove checking on the winter swimmwers. These owners are in deep now, but with the great judicial system we have let's see how many get time to serve.

45 minutes to get through this, late for work because of it and nothing will happen because all the welfare cases were on tv saying it was wrong to raid the place and detain all of them ... legit greencards or not. I heard about 5 women saying "oh, they shouldn't be punished because they love this country and are just trying to make a living" I have to agree with them about the GWATS they are willing to work for a living ... unlike these fat slobs on welfare riding our wallets.

Oh well ...

likwid
03-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Even moreso is the fact that the DOD was allowing this to happen. These guys are like flies on crap inspecting things like this and no-one ever said anything?

Of COURSE they let this happen, it was saving them money.
Why the hell should the government care who is hiring who? :rolleyes:

daceman63
03-08-2007, 10:56 AM
I know the title of this thread is "Illegal Scum" but I think the real scum here is the legal business owner and his managers.

I know most of the employees were here illegally but that's no reason to treat them in a sub human manner. That being said since they are all caught they should be processed and deported. People wait a long time to come into this country legally and I am against anyone short cutting the system.

If a group of Americans is against our imigration policy then work to change it. Nobody should condone or partake in illegal activity.

Sorry for my rant.

UserRemoved1
03-08-2007, 11:03 AM
I was referring more to the company than the workers but let's face it they're illegal also so I'm lumping them in here too.

I've had enough of these guys taking away American JOBS. $91 million this guy made...and every one of these workers probably sent 90% of what they made back to Bolivia or Guatemala or Argentina or whatever. No matter how you look at it they are taking money out of every single persons pocket in this country and it's got to stop. Too bad it probably cost the govt about $500k to round up these guys, house them , process them, pay the employees, the list goes on.

I'm disgusted by the fact that this has been going on here for 3 years and no-one has done anything about it til now.

Buy American...support American...MADE by an American :poke:

striperman36
03-08-2007, 11:10 AM
been happening for all time.
Remember seeing about the Civil War supplier, who when confronted with the fact that the heels of his boots fall off after 20 steps, stated that they were for the Cavalry!!!!!

DSS has their kids, we are paying a fortune until these people get outta jail.

The owner will appeal, no doubt money talks.

daceman63
03-08-2007, 11:12 AM
I don't disagree with you. My grandparents came here from somewhere else too. They weren't bad peope and didn't deserve unfair treatment although the stories my grandfather told me would indicate they were treated unfairly. I mean lets face it. If you dig far enough back in anyones sncestry we all came from somewhere else. Unless of course you are American Indian.

But that' noether here nor there....they broke the law and they are getitng what they deserve as a result of coming here illegally. They should still be treated with a little dignity as I would guess aside from there immigration status they are probably good people.

I'm not saying let them stay. Absolutley not. They broke a quite a few laws and as for the jobs and such I totally agree with you.

They all need to be deported and move to the bottom of any list there is for applying for citizenship to this country. But they should have been treated better than that sweatshop a-hole treated them.

But as someone in another forum said..."you deserve what you tolerate" or was it "what you tolerate you deserve"......you get my meaning though...

Mike P
03-08-2007, 01:59 PM
I've had enough of these guys taking away American JOBS.

You know--I walk around downtown New Bedford every day. Unless it's really freezing, not a day goes by without me being approached by 3-4 panhandlers. "I'm an out of work fisherman, can you spare some change so I can get something to eat?". Every single one of them looks able bodied enough to run some sort of machine, or to use a fillet knife to cut fish in the fish houses. And here's something else--every one of them speaks English without a trace of a foreign accent.

What the illegals are taking are jobs that Americans don't want.

Goose
03-08-2007, 02:06 PM
You know--I walk around downtown New Bedford every day. Unless it's really freezing, not a day goes by without me being approached by 3-4 panhandlers. "I'm an out of work fisherman, can you spare some change so I can get something to eat?". Every single one of them looks able bodied enough to run some sort of machine, or to use a fillet knife to cut fish in the fish houses. And here's something else--every one of them speaks English without a trace of a foreign accent.

YOU dam right MIKE P and it ain't just in NewBedford, its seems like people who know what the faces are like in Newbedford are always ready to take a cheap shot at NewBedford people.

stripersnipr
03-08-2007, 03:38 PM

Tell that to the few thousand framers that are unemployed right now while most every piece of new home construction is being put up by illegal Brazilian labor.

mekcotuit
03-08-2007, 04:33 PM
I know the title of this thread is "Illegal Scum" but I think the real scum here is the legal business owner and his managers..

This is a total miscarriage of justice - just in:

The owner of the factory, Francesco Insolia, and three of his managers were arrested Tuesday and accused of deliberately employing illegal immigrants. They were released the same day, and production resumed at their three-story redbrick factory.

kevin d
03-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Just a couple of random thoughts about this post....
Is there a political action group that will take care of the children of drug dealers caught in a drug sweep? I don't mean Social Services.

I have mixed feelings on the "they're taking our jobs" line. On one hand I have been in Arizona and seen the "Now Hiring" signs on the farms. Not a white face in that crowd. So the dude who is picking lettuce/tomatoes/okra/melons in July sure as hell isn't taking a job away from anybody I know. That falls in the category of jobs that you couldn't pay me enough to do.

Now as far as carpenters go, down here in 93 they were all white and black. I don't know many of either now, they are all Hispanic, non union and will work anywhere for less than most. None on the shrimp boats though.

daceman63
03-08-2007, 04:43 PM

The owner of the factory, Francesco Insolia, and three of his managers were arrested Tuesday and accused of deliberately employing illegal immigrants. They were released the same day, and production resumed at their three-story redbrick factory.

this country is incredible....lol

UserRemoved1
03-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Are you %$%$%$%$in %$%$%$%$tin me! Sad.

MAC
03-08-2007, 06:23 PM
The news also just stated that he will be able to continue on his 91 million dollar contract. He won't be given any new contracts but can fulfill this one. That is a real load of crap.