View Full Version : a--holes galore

Duke41
07-14-2002, 04:37 PM
whats the point

denis
07-15-2002, 07:58 AM
must of been on the water this weekend ?? gotta love boating.

JohnR
07-15-2002, 08:03 AM
uhhh Duke, where were you pissed? Boston Harbor or Narr Bay? Oh nevermind, probably shouldn't bring it up, eh?

Van
07-15-2002, 09:42 AM
It was totally nuts in Boston this weekend!!!:smash:
I just try and stay away from the crowds, but the trip back to the dock can be STRESSFUL.

Duke41
07-15-2002, 09:57 AM
Briefly some idiot in a Viking 40 came roaring at me and my crew of three 8 year olds after seeing us hook up. I mean right at us. I had to start the engines, thinking I was going to have to move out of his way. I grabbed my air horn and started waving my arms and the "Captain" stopped about 30 yards away. Then about 5 seagullers came roaring over to chuck their weak stuff into the hole we found. We picked up and took off, went swimming over Mackeral Cove. Is it me or are the "Captains" more agressive this season?:af:

07-15-2002, 10:11 AM
Is it illegal to carry a grenade launcher with you on the boat? I can think of about 10-20 cruiser yuppies in their 30' plus boats that would have made great targets this past Sunday.

Why is it when they see a small boat trolling or drifting they feel the need to scream past you at 25-knots, as close as possible, when they have the entire ocean to go around you......

You know I used to put up with the yuppies on the sand trails in 4x4's, now I have them on the water, I guess there is no way of getting away from them...

"Lou"
07-15-2002, 01:53 PM
I was heading out of the Pt. Judith breachway into the harbor or refuge when a convoy of big boats coming up from NY came charging through, full steam, right through the no wake area and past the entire first set of docks. Guess when you don't know the area too well its best to go fast.:af: :smash: Where's the harbor master when ya really need him?

Homerun04
07-15-2002, 03:29 PM
I firmly believe the PJ Coast Guard outta purposely mis-direct the bouys inside Galilee so that all the yuppy fly-boys not familiar with the harbor run straight aground in the middle.

Would be a great sight to see all those 30' cruisers stuck in mud waiting for the next incoming. Be a lot of fun too for us local fishing boys to cruise by, at 5 mph, and wave, flash a friendly smile....and chuckle.... ;)

Bill L
07-15-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by 179

Why is it when they see a small boat trolling or drifting they feel the need to scream past you at 25-knots, as close as possible, when they have the entire ocean to go around you......

I was thinking exactly this when I was drifting for fluke off the Center Wall on Sunday. I had one 40'+ cruiser come by at about 50 yards away. The chop was bad enough, but add the wake.....:af:

MightyMouse
07-15-2002, 07:56 PM
Fished the river side of Plum Island on Sat night... heard two motors and heard somebody yelling bloody murder out there. Whatever happened, it wasn't pretty. I don't remember seeing running lights. :smash:

denis
07-15-2002, 09:40 PM
been on the water for a little while,and it seems to me the bigger the boat the dummer the driver(can"t call them captains) no respect at all for smaller boats.

schoolie monster
07-17-2002, 10:31 AM
That makes some sense because IMO, a good portion of the big boats are bought by people that made alot of money in the past 10 years and had no prior experience... just thought buying a nice boat would be a good use of their spare change. No reason to actually learn the rules, regs, etiquette, etc.

Kinda like buying a really expensive car... and if you think about it, a good portion of mercedes, lexus, beemer, lincoln nav's etc. drivers drive like jerks, so there might be a correlation there...

Van
07-17-2002, 12:07 PM
Schoolie is on track..

HERE HERE !!!!!

I was out yesterday and stopped at the fuel dock on the way home, a high performance boat arrived just before I left.
I watched him back in, and smack an adjacent sailboat in a slip putting a nice black scratch on her side.
When others approached he was saying "It's OK, It's Ok, no big deal"

WHAT ??????? No big deal for him maybe.
I quickly split. Just glad he didn't dock on my side.
:af:

This guy had more money than brains.:smash:

Scotch Bonnet
08-11-2002, 05:41 PM
Last thursday morning I was coming back to Charlestown Breachway after an early morning of fishing the humps off the beach. I point the boat into the breachway and start going in at a pretty good clip. As I get half way in I see a flipper come out of the water??? I thought I MUST BE SEEING THINGS, but I throttle down anyway. I look to my left and see a kid in diving gear sitting on the rocks. I ask him if theres someone in the channel and he just shrugs his shoulders. Then up pops a kid in snorkling gear IN THE BREACHWAY, no flag, no warning from his "friend" on the rocks. So I unload on the kid telling him he's a #$%&'ing moron and he's gonna die snorkling in the breachway. He just gives me a blank expression so I let it go and continued up the channel. I look over my shoulder and back he goes on his snorkling adventure. I quess its just Natural Selection - the stupid ones are not suppose to pass on there genes. Made me think of this post :af:

Brooksie
08-14-2002, 03:03 PM
Why in this big ocean do people feel the need to fly right by you while your anchored. It happens constantly and there is no need for it. I'm going to start bringing a bb gun aboard or maybe put the flare gun to good use. :eek: