View Full Version : The bracket and liner/deck/console is on, new pictures to share.

BassyiusMaximus
03-07-2007, 03:43 PM
I'm so excited as the bracket/Dusky Drive has been put on as well as the liner/deck and cap/rubrail. As one can see, the hull is nice and shiny and I can see the reflections in the gelcoat on the bowsides, like a woman looks at her ring, I stare at these pictures/images.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/thundra04struck/brackethull.jpg
Here is the stern deck. I had posted a sort-of-poll on livewells and while I have had one but never used it, after reading all the replies I had to get one put in and the rectangular hole in the deck will be the livewell. If I don't use it for the livewell or as a livewell I'll use it for my fishbox or for wet storage. I had the stern boxes removed and you can see where they used to be, it looks like they cut them out but I'm sure they will smooth it all out in time. One can see the other two other inspection ports for the bilge and the wiring in the deck as well.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/thundra04struck/sterndeck.jpg
The bow deck. Originally this space was to have a horseshoe-shaped seat in it but I wanted a casting/sunning/sleeping deck like I do on my current boat so I had them glass the entire deck over one height with storage down below. While the hatches are not huge or fancy, so long as I can get to the stuff inside then I'm fine. I also think I can climb inside if it ever comes to it through the ones in the face of the deck/near the floor. I will have to figure out how to keep stuff from moving around and I thought of the bars they use in SUV's or pickup beds that extend much like a shower rod does, maybe I'll even use a shower rod, I'll have to see and if anyone knows of a better way/thing to use I'd love to hear/read about it. There is a glassed in division running down the middle of the deck so the spaces are separated that way but not bow to stern. What do you all think?
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/thundra04struck/BowDeck.jpg

MarshCappa
03-07-2007, 03:52 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

MrHunters
03-07-2007, 04:07 PM
ill second mc's sentiment.

that is some purty flare you got. what did u choose for a motor?

BassyiusMaximus
03-07-2007, 04:15 PM
I too, love the bow flair. The boat I have now has almost no flair and has to be one of the wettest boats of all time, not that I mind as I go out in full-wets every time but it will be nice to have a heavy, flared out boat with trim tabs to keep me dry in the tight 1-2 footers that I normally get soaked in.

I'm still considering engines in the 250hp and up range, now that 300's are out, I'm considering them but they might not be out by the time I need to make my mind up. I'm thinking of an E-Tec 250, Verado 250 or a Mercury 250XS OptiMax, the choices are tough.

zacs
03-07-2007, 05:18 PM
i know that the guys that all have the old mako's w/ the well in the floor like that hate them. I guess it is something that gets left open and then stepped in. wet/twisted ankle ruined many of their trips. most have converted the well to dry storage which doesn't get opened nearly as much, and then added a well somewhere else. Also, I think bending over /kneeling for the bait is a pain in seas, but not as big of a deal as stepping in the well...

If it were me I would have them make that into a fishbox w/ macerator (sp?) and then get a livewell that sits on top of deck.

Hope you don't mind the criticism. The boat is looking SWEET :drool:

taJon
03-07-2007, 05:44 PM
do those dusky's still have an 8'3" beam? does look purdy, I almost bought an older one myself. if it had had better power, I would prob. have one myself.

parker23
03-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Boat looks fantastic. I love the lines, bow and stern.
Thanks for posting.

thefishingfreak
03-07-2007, 07:16 PM
lookin good. good luck with her.
sure looks like a quality made boat.

fish4striper
03-08-2007, 07:57 AM
looks good Bassy, keep the pics comin

fishermanjim
03-09-2007, 05:37 PM
what brand name is she? loa?