View Full Version : BM's Walk in the Park..

Karl F
03-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Dave.. Post the Pictures..

Well.. anybody who made Dave Promise to Walk with me, for a Plug, Pay Up.. I know JPI did.. maybe others???

Anyway.. Made him do 5 miles today.. at my pace :boots:.. (gave him one 5 minute rest stop at the gazebo overlooking Little Cliff Pond in Area 7 of Nickerson State Park)... he hung in there.. had to run to catch up sometime.. :hihi:

Used a device to get him started... similar to dangling a carrot in front of the Donkey.. Hung a Plug on a Stick and rigged it so it swung in front of him just out of his reach.. (Now.. for some reason.. I can't find the plug??).. Anyway.. he was a trooper, and I bet his feet and legs are yelling at him now.. :hihi:

Dave.. Post the Pictures.. I think I might be in one..so you can see his view.. of me waving back at him.. telling him to "March, Private Pyle!"

Pretty Back there tho.. ain't it Dave?.. My Back Yard :D

Skitterpop
03-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Go Karl :cheers:

justplugit
03-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Used a device to get him started... similar to dangling a carrot in front of the Donkey.. Hung a Plug on a Stick and rigged it so it swung in front of him just out of his reach.

Tooo funnie. :hihi: Why is it i can picture it in my minds eye like i was there. :huh: :D

yellow/white surfster will follow as promised .

In Karl i Trust. :hihi:

bassmaster
03-09-2007, 11:02 PM
mmmm plug JPI plug mmmmm
and a freshly Ho'd danny I know will catch bass.
I didnt want to walk but i was chasin that plug, the way it looked at me it was to JucY

bassmaster
03-09-2007, 11:04 PM
FU Karl, Slow down:wall:

MAC
03-09-2007, 11:15 PM
LOL, Karl.....the saying is "Dangle a carrot in front of the horse" :rotfl:

gone fishin
03-09-2007, 11:38 PM
Now that's funny!:jester: :jester:

NIB
03-10-2007, 01:11 AM
Nice..
Good for u Dave keep it up..
Exercise keeps the mind healthy..

Raven
03-10-2007, 07:39 AM
yeah ....love that seratonin and dopamine .....

Karl F
03-10-2007, 08:54 AM
:boots:...
walkin' Ho... :hihi:

ktugboat42
03-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Did you see those huge machines working in the woods going down to the landing between Cliff and Little Cliff?

Karl F
03-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Yeah.. earlier this year they did some cleaning up from the previous Decembers wind storm near area 7.. they also filled in a washout on the fire road by Higgins, and Eel ponds...
I talked with the guy in the Red State Blazer.. he said at some point in time, the will be widening the Fire Roads back to where they will actually be able to fit fire trucks down.. like they were 35-40 years ago..
When I was a kid, I rode my dirt bikes back there, and the roads were a lot more open.. some of us ran old jeeps and cars back there too... waaay back when.. :angel:

Swimmer
03-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Excellant story and pics, very funny Karl. A plug is the only thing that would get Dave to walk that far.

vineyardblues
03-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Nice..
Good for u Dave keep it up..
Exercise keeps the mind healthy..

Not in BM case :hs:
VB

bassmaster
03-10-2007, 02:00 PM
i need a nib plug

Karl F
03-10-2007, 02:26 PM
How many miles he gotta do Tony? I'll see to it :boots:

bassmaster
03-10-2007, 04:56 PM
:bsod: :bsod: :bsod:

justplugit
03-10-2007, 05:03 PM
BM Quote---"Never go for a walk with Karl." :doh: :grins:

bassmaster
03-10-2007, 05:13 PM
plugs please:claps: :call: :zup:

NIB
03-10-2007, 05:37 PM
How many miles he gotta do Tony? I'll see to it :boots:

Thats a good question.
With the weather getting nicer.It wouldn't hurt to walk with u as much as he can..
3 times a week,day on day off to repair.U just can't come out of the box marchin 5 miles he has to work up to it.U get all sore an don't wanna go...

Even if he did half of what u do right now it would be a good start.
To get mentally right he would have to walk to australia.so thats out of the question..

ProfessorM
03-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Australia.:rotf3:

Karl F
03-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Thats a good question.
With the weather getting nicer.It wouldn't hurt to walk with u as much as he can..
3 times a week,day on day off to repair.U just can't come out of the box marchin 5 miles he has to work up to it.U get all sore an don't wanna go...

Even if he did half of what u do right now it would be a good start.
To get mentally right he would have to walk to australia.so thats out of the question..

:hihi:

I will defer to our Aussie friends on this.. but.. I do believe they refer to that as a "walkabout"... Mental Cleansing...

Dave used to run 10 miles a day.. if he put his mind to it.. he would put me to shame in short order... If I get brave.. meybe I'll go for a walk with Flap.. them long legs.. man.. I'd have to take what?... 3.5 strides to one of his...:huh:

I been doing this for months.. and cutting my time down, and adding milage.. I still don't want to go.. and my feet and ankles and arthritis screams.. after pounding the first half mile.. everything just kinda gets numb.. later on tho.. yikes.. Advil in the AM.. and Motrin the PM...

Raven
03-11-2007, 07:28 AM
Karl , you need to be taking Glucosamine chondroitin
and taking fish oil to lubricate those arthritic joints.

Arthritis is a deficiency disease!

Karl F
03-11-2007, 09:04 AM
Raven..
Been there, Done that.. for one year (I gave it it's due).. Lot of $$ (them health(?) supplements ain't cheap!) and No Difference..
No Relief.. Did 800mg Motrin for a year :kewl:.. now.. one Advil AM.. 2 200 Motrin PM.. Gives me relief.
BTW I did the Gluc/Chond with & the Omega and the MSG or whatever.. Nothing.. Might as well have taken candy bars, for the diff it made with me.

Raven
03-11-2007, 09:26 AM
well that's too bad they didn't work for ya Karl ...
i'm gonna give it a try as apposed to just relying on
pain meds exclusively.

we are all walking (skin) bags of chemicals and sometimes
things work from natures bounty and sometimes they don't. :huh:

bassmaster
03-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Karl I had the absolute date from hell, them fine lookin blonds are friggen mental

Swimmer
03-11-2007, 10:08 AM
Karl where did you put Dave's O/2 while you took the pics.:humpty:

Skitterpop
03-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Karl I had the absolute date from hell, them fine lookin blonds are friggen mental

You told me you had fun :(

bassmaster
03-11-2007, 12:44 PM
i told u nuttin /?????

gone fishin
03-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Raven -- I also have tried the bounty of so called arthritus cures. It all boils down to our joints wearing out as we age. I have been on Celebrex for over 9 years and it keeps me pumpin. I went off it as a test for a week the beginning of this month. I couldn't go up or down stairs and the pain was debilitating. Now back on the stuff.

bassmaster
03-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Karl , you need to be taking Glucosamine chondroitin
and taking fish oil to lubricate those arthritic joints.

Arthritis is a deficiency disease!

not if he fishes ptown, bwahahahahahaha