View Full Version : Computers

UserRemoved1
03-12-2007, 07:36 AM
:hs:

Outta be good for 10 pages easy

:bsod::bsod::bsod::bsod::bsod::bsod::bsod::bsod::b sod::bsod::bsod::bsod::bsod::bsod::bsod:

BrianS
03-12-2007, 07:45 AM
dont blame the machine for user error.

computers = looooooooooooooove

:jump:

MrHunters
03-12-2007, 07:54 AM
striped-bass still works what more do you need?

The Dad Fisherman
03-12-2007, 07:56 AM
90% of the problems with PC's are between the Keyboard and the Chair.

Case in point I've already had 4 calls today

1 forgot her Password
1 forgot to turn the monitor on
1 forgot to shutdown last friday
and another forgot his Password

(Thats actually a 100% so far today....I'll keep you posted :hee:)

Raven
03-12-2007, 08:10 AM
side by side...
so if one messes up.....
i can just switch

BrianS
03-12-2007, 08:16 AM
the perfect network is the one with no users on it to muck it up

The Dad Fisherman
03-12-2007, 08:25 AM
Just had 2 more calls...

1 guy didn't set his Out of Office
and 1 gal didn't know how to handle a "Message Undeliverable" message in her E-Mailbox....I told her to Delete it.

and its not even 9:30 yet

and Brian S.....No truer words have been spoken

JohnR
03-12-2007, 08:45 AM
3000 users and nobody home - won't be my problem in a few months :musc: - though I do feel bad for some of the staff and all of the students.

UserRemoved1
03-12-2007, 08:49 AM
windows upgrade to xp pro

%$%$%$%$IN %$%$%$%$ MICROSOFT YOU !@#$%^&* & %$%$%$%$

JohnR
03-12-2007, 08:53 AM
windows upgrade to xp pro

%$%$%$%$IN %$%$%$%$ MICROSOFT YOU !@#$%^&* & %$%$%$%$

On which machine? And there is a reason most seasoned professionals flip the bird to an in-place-upgrade from any version Microsoft to any version Microsoft - they just bring the problems of the previous version to the new one. The proper way is to have all of the data moved offline, all of the apps necessary, do a clean install of XP Pro, patch, tweak, burn-in stabilitiy test (on occasion), move data back, reinstall apps...

Raven
03-12-2007, 08:55 AM
3000 users and nobody home - won't be my problem in a few months :musc: - though I do feel bad for some of the staff and all of the students.

they will be crying :bc: what have we done!!!

UserRemoved1
03-12-2007, 09:19 AM
mine bossman

lost all the program links, data there but o the headaches just begun

private keys gone etc etc etc

Microsoft %$%$%$%$ you :gorez:

crash
03-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Its been a bad day to be a hard drive here. Especially if you work in the accounting department and now is your busy time. I'm only part time, and my boss is out of the country, so she's not gonna have a PC for a day or two.

The Dad Fisherman
03-12-2007, 10:37 AM
Nothing Personal, But I'd be afraid of letting a guy nicknamed "Crash" work on my PC :hihi:

crash
03-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Nothing Personal, But I'd be afraid of letting a guy nicknamed "Crash" work on my PC :hihi:

I agree,

Especially were we have to do everything the slow way because they won't give us any funding for back up systems, or even domain controllers. Only 30% of my users are connected to a domain controller, they get backed up, but they cut the funding on my disk to disk to tape project, so this user is up the creek. They wouldn't even give me the time to set up unattended installs of XP, so I am babysitting this thing right now. At least I'll have some time to study for the MCSE, hopefully that will give me what I need to get out of here and into a real IT job, I'm not learning anything here and that scares me.

Salty,
fresh install, or an increased use of vulgarity, choose one:bshake:

Skitterpop
03-12-2007, 09:48 PM
It is the new age of slavery la machine.... lots of travel while going nowhere :wavey:

UserRemoved1
03-13-2007, 07:03 AM
:splat::cputin::bsod::bsod::bsod::bsod::bsod::bsod ::bsod::bsod::bsod::bsod::bsod::bsod::bsod:

Raven
03-13-2007, 07:26 AM
no offense,
but you shoulda/coulda bought an external hard drive

hindsight being 20/20....

The Dad Fisherman
03-13-2007, 07:40 AM
If you did the upgrade and then got the BSOD your data is more than likely still there. Don't reformat the drive with a fresh install, you can still get your stuff back.

Go buy a cheap internal HDD and put it in the PC and install the Xp to it. then put your old HDD in as a slave and you should be able to get your data back.

JohnR
03-13-2007, 07:55 AM
If you did the upgrade and then got the BSOD your data is more than likely still there. Don't reformat the drive with a fresh install, you can still get your stuff back.

Go buy a cheap internal HDD and put it in the PC and install the Xp to it. then put your old HDD in as a slave and you should be able to get your data back.

Yep - I can take a look at it Scott but I'm booked until after MSBA. That probably has a PATA drive in it and you can find one on sale 80-120GB for less than $70 somewhere. Put the new drive in, set the BIOS to boot off CD, run the XP install, put your 2K, Win9x CD in when it is asked for, finish the install, plug your old hard drive into the CD rom cable (should work assuming seperate IDE channels in use - though some PC manufacutres saved the 50 cents here). Copy the data files over to a centralized location and redistrubute out from there...

UserRemoved1
03-13-2007, 10:32 AM
N E R D S P E A K :hee:

Yep - I can take a look at it Scott but I'm booked until after MSBA. That probably has a PATA drive in it and you can find one on sale 80-120GB for less than $70 somewhere. Put the new drive in, set the BIOS to boot off CD, run the XP install, put your 2K, Win9x CD in when it is asked for, finish the install, plug your old hard drive into the CD rom cable (should work assuming seperate IDE channels in use - though some PC manufacutres saved the 50 cents here). Copy the data files over to a centralized location and redistrubute out from there...

ThrowingTimber
03-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Always back up before doing any dude. :laughs:

MAC
03-13-2007, 06:08 PM

Wow, I have no clue what you just said. I think I'll stick to swinging a hammer.:poke:

wjm
03-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Salty, All you have to do is cuss the SOB out. Makes you feel better
and often solves (makes clear) the problem....

Raven
03-13-2007, 07:51 PM
i could do it

UserRemoved1
03-14-2007, 04:49 AM
Mac ya think? :D

wjm...the 5 lb sledge is MUCH more soothing....

computers :bsod: :bsod: :bsod: :bsod: :bsod: :bsod: :bsod: :bsod: :bsod: :bsod: :bsod:

JohnR
03-14-2007, 06:01 AM
Mac ya think? :D

computers :bsod: :bsod: :bsod: :bsod: :bsod: :bsod: :bsod: :bsod: :bsod: :bsod: :bsod:

Scott - I domed it down as much as possible ;) - Bring it with you Saturday :hihi:

UserRemoved1
03-14-2007, 06:11 AM
great idea I could tie it to the bumper and drag it down 495 :devil:

Scott - I domed it down as much as possible ;) - Bring it with you Saturday :hihi: