View Full Version : Prayers Needed

Karl F
03-14-2007, 03:24 PM

reelecstasy
03-14-2007, 03:31 PM
T & P, try not to put your foot thru the floorboard on the passenger side lol

justplugit
03-14-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm sure by now she has learned a few good lessons from you, like how to go 20-25 over the speed limit without gettin caught. :hihi:

I hear that 6th sense stuff is hereditary. :laughs:

Raven
03-14-2007, 04:10 PM
what i always explain to new drivers is
that at what ever speed the vehicle is moving
forward the drivers body is also moving that fast.

especially if you are thrown from the car when not
using the seat belt.

i think allowing them to practice coming to an emergency
stop from a high speed is a lesson worth learning.

cell phone use should also be kept to a minimum
and have the driver pull over to talk.

hang in there Karl ! :claps:

fishpoopoo
03-14-2007, 04:13 PM
:err:

Clammer
03-14-2007, 06:21 PM
Hey Karl //let me teach her >>>>>>:bshake: :smokin: :huh:

Slingah
03-14-2007, 06:23 PM
best-o-luck Karl :shocked:

Katie
03-14-2007, 08:43 PM
A friend of mine, back in my freshman year of high school. was in a car crash where he wasn't wearing his seatbelt, etc.. Here, i'll C&P what he wrote..

Saturday, September 17, 2005

my reasons

alright, I've been getting emails and stuff asking why i really don't show my face in my picture and the reasons for wearing headbands/hats.

on june 3rd of this year, i got into a car accident with my friend and my head went through the windshield (didn't wear a seatbelt) and came back into the car.

and for that, I am now having to face the consequences of having scars across my forehead, and a broken nose with a gash over it. With that, I have no feeling in my forehead and on the top of my head because I killed too many nerves. My forehead was literally sliced up to where i had a flap covering my left eye.

i am getting surgery on my nose, and forehead but for now i like to cover everything up so people don't stare at it. as for the feeling i lost, i might get it back, i might not.

so definitely wear your seat belts if you already don't.

(picture is of me after the crash below)
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/8930/trevnews8jx.jpg

^^^^ that picture made me realize that driving isn't a game. And since then, i've lost 3 friends to car wrecks, its something nobody should have to go through

gone fishin
03-14-2007, 11:04 PM
Karl - I'll pray for you (and her). I had to go through that with 4. I don't know who was the most nervous. I bet she already knows how to drive on the sand!

redcrbbr
03-15-2007, 03:06 AM
the most important thing about how to drive a car is how to stop one!!!!

doing the same thing with katie..

Uncle Matt
03-15-2007, 05:05 AM
May God be your copilot my friend. Remember to practice some patience with her. She'll get it.

vanstaal
03-15-2007, 05:16 AM
I myself could not show my girls how to drive I called a auto school for them I guess I'm to critical.and nervous :humpty:

ProfessorM
03-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Gods speed Karl. I am still 10 years away from that moment. She'll probably make me wear a muzzle and handcuffs.

BW from AZ
03-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Teaching my 3rd to drive. Taught many others before. My new favorite phrase is "please stop" said with increasing speed and volume. All other areas of skill are very conservitive. I allways toss a hair brush on the dash before beginning any lesson. At the first corner I tell em to put it back and try to keep it there at the next corner. Also more close calls will be in your own neiborhood farther from the main roads as we all tend to take our half of the road out of the middle. His mom and I differ on staying in the proper lane while turning a corner.

Nebe
03-15-2007, 11:18 AM
good luck and god speed :D

Katie
03-15-2007, 01:01 PM
hair brush! brilliant! dad wouldn't let me use a cup of water hehe.. i must try that

T&P Karl

Rockfish9
03-15-2007, 01:17 PM
My thoughts are with you my friend, Mine(4) are all grown and gone, the baby being 21.. so its been awile since I had to teach driving skills, dont know if I could handle it anymore.. best of luck to you. Be:musc:

saltfly
03-18-2007, 05:21 PM
has she run the truck down nauset yet?

saltfly
03-18-2007, 08:11 PM
no problem,wait till you see the eels.that's all i'll say.I saw THE DEPARTED last night.I wish I saw it on the big screen.I learned to fish up the river from where they filmed the "officers" kicking the crap out of each other under the bridges.My God 50 yrs ago!

Flaptail
09-05-2007, 10:09 AM
Been there done that twice, got some new gray hairs out of it but it is so much nicer not having to drive people anywhere for work or whatever.

Backbeach Jake
09-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Thoughts and prayers, Karl. Find a driving school, it'll be the best money you ever spent.

justplugit
09-05-2007, 12:19 PM
She'll be fine Karl, girls don't usually inherit the need for speed genes. :doh: :rollem:

As long as she got the 6th sense, there's a cop ahead gene. ;)

Katie
09-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Good to hear she passed! I'm trying to talk dad into taking me for my license in a few weeks.

Raven
09-07-2007, 06:25 AM
and the stress of the test is behind her...and you too Karl

can she skid to a stop yet... ? and turn it broadside to shorten the distance needed..? (very important)

can she leave rubber ....?

can she spin doughnuts..in the sand...?

does she know how to pass ?

how does she respond to road rage?

in today's world it's not just being able to drive a car correctly
thats important but have it also....as an extension of your body
like a hand in a glove...

she has to be able to git on that pedal at times and get
out of harms way in a matter of seconds...
like when emergency vehicles suddenly
appear in your rear view mirror

i don't mean she should be drawing squiggly's on the tar
and driving wreckless... but really should know how to
muscle the car
and have the escape manuever's down pat.....too..
and have that agressive attitude when needed is my point.:read:

Swimmer
09-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Not to be a wisenheimer, but your children will drive just as you do. What you taught them in your version of driver-ed isn't the same as the child learns while sitting behind you as you drove the family vehicle evreywhere while they were passengers the last 16 1/2 years in the back seat watching. If the parent didn't get any tickets then generally the child wont either. Either way I wish all of the children of our members here well, and hope they drive defensively as if thier life depends on it.

Rappin Mikey
09-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Good luck, and be patient.