baldwin
03-15-2007, 02:44 PM
They look great! I'd eat 'em.

Bill L
03-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Veerrry Niiiice. I like rubba flies :cheers:

UserRemoved1
03-15-2007, 07:13 PM
ever try a fleece fly? You can make these things pisser small too to match the worm hatches...

baldwin
03-16-2007, 07:48 AM
Those look great, Salty, and relatively simple to tie. Where'd you get the material?

thunnus69
03-17-2007, 09:22 AM
Great looking flies salty. When do you think we'll see a hatch?

ThrowingTimber
04-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Dave,

I've got my gp's and orange ruthless ready to do battle say when.

jim sylvester
04-02-2007, 12:20 PM
nice work dave

soon, very soon for the worms

Young Salt
04-02-2007, 08:11 PM
here's the recipe......

hook.....eagle claw 253. i think these are #1
Black thread danville's flat waxed
Orange rabbit zonker
Orange saddle hackle
gold bodi braid
Red flashabou
Peacock herl

Tie the thread all the way back to the barb. this keeps it from fouling.
Tie in the rabbit strip hide side up. have the hide end where the bottom half of the hook bend straightens out.
tie in a couple strips of flashabou just a little longer than the rabbit fur.
Orange saddle is tied flat over the flash.
now tie in a webby saddle feather and some bodi braid. wrap the braid forward. once that's tied in palmer the feather forward. Once that is tied in at the head i like to finish the fly off with a few wraps of 3 strands of peacock herl.

The 4th one from the top is how you want them to look when it's done. Most of these flys were a bit wet. the third one down is dry and gives you an idea of how much the fly can breathe in the water.
These were a bit on the full size......i like them a bit sparser so you can see the bodi braid a little more.

UserRemoved1
04-05-2007, 05:41 PM
baldwin sorry i missed your question. You can get this stuff at any fabric store. You have to look for stuff that stretches, this is one of the tricks to tying them. You cut a strip of material, glue it onto the hook and fold the head back like you see there, glue to itself again and add eyes, then when the glue is dry you take and grab both ends and it stretches the material out and flips it into a permanent u shape, cut a nice forked tail I find it helps with the action in the water. They are really nice in the water, they move back and forth and undulate nice. Cost if about .20 each total including the hook and eyes.