View Full Version : 2 weeks til Rhody - where do I fish ?

Billybob
07-16-2002, 02:02 PM
I am getting psyched, 2 more weeks til my vacation in Charlestown - and I just lined up a slip for the boat. Now this slip is in East Matunuck,as you're comin in the harbor go past Snug harbor marina, then past the next one, then go left and hug the right - and it's right there.It's a private slip behind a guy's house that I know. He said it's right near the ramp.
Are any of you guys familiar with the area, how is it ? Also, any tips on where to fish when I'm up there ?
Thanks
Bill

Homerun04
07-16-2002, 02:14 PM
Try anywhere off BI......

OliverNBPT
07-16-2002, 03:59 PM
I'm assuming you are primarily interested in catching Stripers and Blues, if that's the case, check out BI's south west ledge.

Flukin has been pretty good close to home, decent fishing from C'town Breach over to Nebraska Shoals.

I should have prefaced this by saying that I haven't fished South County since July 3rd. For what it's worth I'm planning a trip to BI this weekend if weather and my guests permit.

Good luck!

Bill L
07-16-2002, 08:43 PM
Billybob, thats a great place to base out of on your vacation. I also keep my boat in East Matunuck. Not sure how big or seaworthy your boat is, but Block Island is a good bet. If you want to sling eels at night, try outside the Center Wall of the Harbor of Refuge, Deep Hole (Matunuck) or Green Hill.
Good Luck
Bill

Billybob
07-17-2002, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the replies, it sounds like a good area to be slipped I was lucky to find it. Anyway, I'll be up there Aug 3rd, my boat is a 1973 23' Seacraft CC, yellow with no T-top, and an old 225 Rude so if you see me, give me a shout. Maybe I can even get some of you S-B out for a trip.

JohnR
07-17-2002, 08:51 AM
Billybob - You'll have plenty of choices from the reefs of Naps to WH to Block & Gansett....

Oh yeh, the boat is seaworthy :D
http://striped-bass.com/boats/classic_sc/billybob23.jpg

SWEET :btu:

07-17-2002, 11:40 AM
Hi BillyBob,

Welcome to my hometown Charlestown, I hope you enjoy your vacation. Your plan on getting a slip at Point Judith was a good one. PJ puts you right in the middle of great fishing. Come out of PJ and hang a right you get Green Hill, Charlestown, and Watch Hill. Head straight out and you hit Block Island. Bang a left and you have PJ Light, Narr. Bay, and Newport....you really can't miss.

I am also slipped in PJ pond, a little further in than you. If you need some help let me know...