View Full Version : MAC's 300+

Ake G
03-14-2007, 08:34 AM
As in 300 dollar plug!

This is obviously a beautifully crafted plug by a heck of a skilled artist.

Makes me wonder about the plug as "Art Object". I'm sure MAC's 300+ catches great as his plugs clearly have a well-earned good reputation as fish catchers.

I'm up here making now 3 different shapes. A spook, a swimmer and a needlefish. Just 3 shapes that cover all my needs.I paint them in 2 colors-basically White and Black.Not 'cause I can't handle an airbrush(I can) but these two colors are all anybody needs to catch fish IMO.I'm pretty utilitarian in the way I choose to use my plug-makin' time.(which is limited)

Good thing there's builders like MAC out there....

I'm curious....What's your motivation as a plug builder?

How many of you make plugs for utility, or as an expression of your creative skills or for sale? Other reasons?Or a combination?

Ake G
03-14-2007, 08:36 AM
oops! I meant this question as a seperate topic

Slipknot
03-15-2007, 06:29 PM
I saw you wanted this as a separate thread
here ya go

Ake G
03-16-2007, 08:05 AM
Thanks Slip, I get a little "wordy" on that first morning cup of coffee....but I think it's a good question to ask.

Jigman
03-16-2007, 03:05 PM
"I'm curious....What's your motivation as a plug builder?"

Build a solid plug that will work well in the conditions that it is fished and how I want to fish those conditions.

I think you'll find MAC did something similar when he was building. Prices on his stuff have gone through the roof since he stopped building.

Jigman

Ed White
03-16-2007, 07:31 PM
For me, right now, it's mostly a creative outlet, I'm not turning wood yet so it's just painting them up and hanging the hardware, but I do enjoy that, till I pickup a lathe this fall. It's fishing related so it takes the edge off for those times when I can't get out to scratch the itch.

Ed