View Full Version : NCAAs: See Duke/ VCU game??

LeCounts1099
03-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Am I the only one here that absolutely loves the NCAA Tourney!... and is completely bored with & almost never watch the NBA?

DID you see that Duke/ VCU game?-- one of the best basketball games I've ever seen! :call: I'm sure it was a "bad" game if you were Duke fan/ alum.-- but absolutely anybody else who loves pure Basketball would've been glued to their sets!

The media is keying on the fact that so much blood was spilled in the game (literally!) :zup: But the point is this was a brutal physical "war" of a game... and as it turned out two great/ mighty warriors that refused to quit/ lose under any circumstances! I mean both the Duke & VCU teams... but esp. Greg Paulus & VCU's Eric Maynor!! They were locked in a mano a mano death- battle all game! I love Greg Paulus: he's full of heart & grit & plays very physically, & wants to win & puts it on the line 100+%! But, Maynor was obviously well- prepared for this and gave it back to G.P. all game: playing in-your-shirt & very physical defense to the point of upsetting Paulus & getting him overly emotional & a bit off his game at times!

In the finale, Duke's DeMarcus Nelson drove to tie the game with I think ten seconds showing... Maynor took off like a guided missle, dribbling length of the court down 2 points w/ maybe 7 seconds left, & firing from the foul- line area hitting all net with 1.8 showing! Game!! :claps:

Paulus had a career- high scoring game & really did play great!... as did the big man for Duke Josh McRoberts (with 22 & 12... def. a guy the Celtics or Knicks could use!) But: the magic of the Tourney-- & why I love it so much!-- is that in any given game, an unknown (here VCU/ Maynor both) can outplay & beat the famous/ highly recruited/ household- name type players/ teams, like Duke! :spidey:

fishonnelsons
03-16-2007, 03:17 PM
I was wondering if anyone was watching. As a strong UCONN fan, it's tough this year (not even NIT), but throw alittle $$$ on the line in a few pools/brackets and BAM, I'm watching.

Great action, Notre Dame fighting for their lives right now, I love seeing the underdogs make a run for it, even if they do peter out towards the end.