View Full Version : "Classic" quonny

tlapinski
07-17-2002, 01:15 PM
i fished quonny this past monday night, and once again was reminded why i hate the hard side. it was just after dark, tide had started to come in, and it was looking promissing. then it happened, joe-greenhorn and his friends show up! :bgi: first, they are trying to fish the bottom with chunks in the middle of the breachway. :smash: second, they can't fish without their music as loud as their car can blast it. :beat: :beat: :beat: third, they of course brought their friends bud, weis, and er. :cheers: and finally, and of greatest annoyance to me, they are afraid of the dark! they felt it was essential to a good night of fishing to park so that the high beams of their car lit up the breachway like it the middle of the day! :af: :af: :af: well, at least i was able to get in a few extra hous of sleep!

Saltheart
07-17-2002, 01:59 PM
Sounds about right. believe it or not as little as 5 years ago , Smokey and I went out onto the hard side on a June new moon and were alone . Later that night one guy from Weekapaug B+T showed and we gave hime the corner rock to drift bombers so we wouldn't have to bother with the line dance. Seems like now all you hear is horror stories. Sorry your night got ruined tl.

joeangler
07-17-2002, 02:01 PM
i know what your saying they come in there like they own it bright lights being loud being just idots i fish there alot and i just hate it in the summer to many idots show up if when it usally gets to annoying there i just go down the road to fresh pond rock very peaceful no lights just me and the dog andthe fish ands its a very good spot espeially after dark so next time just pack up and head down to fresh pond and enjoy a little peice of mind tight lines
:grins: :grins: :grins:

Saltheart
07-17-2002, 02:05 PM
You don't have to go all the way east to FPR to get away from the crowd on the wall and into good fish water. In fact , you don't have to go far at all! :)

joeangler
07-17-2002, 02:30 PM
yea i know buts thats the place i like no 1 bothers me there you get couple other fisherman to shoot the #^&#^&#^&#^& with and its actually more fun then the crowds see i dont like to fish with lots of people couple of buddies and im good
p.s how ya feeling ;)

tlapinski
07-17-2002, 02:30 PM
after my nap, i was able to salvage the night. saw a nice sunrise, too.
http://gallery.alloutdoorschat.com/mcfly/sunrise.jpg

STRIPER77
07-17-2002, 06:00 PM
t.lapinski------If house #3 from left decides to build-UP to get his ocean view, what do house #1 and #2 do??? The new world trade center could end up on the hard side. Nice photo for those of us that have been there.:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Mike P
07-17-2002, 09:05 PM
Sounds like the west jetty at Moriches Inlet any Friday or Saturday between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

And on Sunday evening you get to share the rocks with foot-long rats attracted by all the crap left behind :af: :smash:

JohnR
07-18-2002, 07:29 AM
Good place to fish comfortably and almost lazily but high moronability factor, the beer cooler and sneaker crowd just screw it up...

SeaWolf
07-18-2002, 01:59 PM
hatchets love headlights.

maybe they needed a "drink". it wouldn't hurt.

the more places are publicized, printed, and referred to in online msg boards, the more crowds there will be. it's one think to talk about common spots like montauk, but leave little known spots out of threads. use pm's if anything or just don't talk about them. but, maybe more swimming is needed.

schoolie monster
07-18-2002, 02:29 PM
I'm no Quonny regular, but I've fished it a few times. Its not one of those spots that can hold very many people.

A couple years ago, On the Water gave up the spot in an article... I believe it was about all the breachways. I was kinda surprised. Its not like a large stretch of beach or like Watch Hill that has alot of room.

Can't remember who wrote the article, but they didn't do any favors.

JohnR
07-18-2002, 03:06 PM
Daignault had it in his Striper Hot Spots too, that didn't help

I agree with Seawolf, too many good spots that can't handle high traffic are coughed up on the internet as well as in print...

There are several spots I don't talk about for those precise reasons. Trash/Traffic/Parking/simply cannot support a lot of anglers...

capesams
07-18-2002, 03:54 PM
YEH!....I know of one GOOD spot.....an every one want's it.

CAPE COD

How do ya think I feel............come on fall:D

errrrr! sb member's are welcome ta fish here, all other's can go home now, summer's over:p

thewaterfordstriper
07-18-2002, 08:55 PM
i would much rather fish by my lonesome and not catch a fish.

two weekends ago i went out to one of my favorite spots. there were people all over the place with construction lights for highway work (not kidding) two inches from the water during the new moon and built fires just in case they got cold on a july nite. instead of being p/o'ed i walked about 300 feet away from the crowd only to get into a nice school of 30" fish. i was the only person on them. when i headed back somebody asked how i made out, i told him i took a nap.