View Full Version : Captain Eric Stewart/The Hook Up

fishonnelsons
03-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Caught Eric's hour presentation on schoolie tuna fishing at the MSBA show yesterday.

I know Eric from tackle shop stuff and his articles, but this was the first time I saw him in a "presentation", and it was really good. Don't get me wrong, it would've been boring for those already into it, but for people just looking to try it out, he gave a nice, basic presentaion of equipment, techniques, and state of the fishery up around here.

I would highly recommend catching his speel at MSBA or the Rhode Island show, or maybe even going to one of his Tuna 101 5 hr courses he gives at his shop.

stripersnipr
03-18-2007, 09:36 AM
I've been through Tuna Tactics 101 and a couple other of Eric's presentations. Stew knows his business and is a solid resource for gear and advice. I'd recommend it to all Tuna wishers.

blaruffa
03-18-2007, 12:04 PM
I have fished striped bass with Captian Eric. He is excellent.

Uncle Matt
03-18-2007, 12:10 PM
I took his tuna class last year and I've have seen his presentation several times. I was recommended to Eric for my tuna needs and he has been nothing but fantastic. The entire staff has been great and for anyone interested in getting started out you should stop by their booth at the shows or at their shop. They are all down to earth people who are approachable and like to talk fishing.

Hooper
03-21-2007, 04:46 AM
Yes, Eric is a former police officer turned offshore guru...... Ah, living the dream he is!

Uncle Matt
03-21-2007, 06:57 AM
He made the jump many of would like to.