View Full Version : During the early spring...

ripitsik
03-21-2007, 09:54 AM
What does everyone like to use for lures when the fish start comming back to our waters? Generally whats works the best?What type of bait is usually found during the early months of spring?

baldwin
03-21-2007, 12:28 PM
This area is for flyfishing, but if you mean flies: clousers, bunnies, deceivers. Blue/white, white, olive/white. If you mean lures, post on a different area.

ripitsik
03-22-2007, 09:43 AM
sorry I meant it to be for lures.. How do I get it bumped to the general forum? I just wanted to get opinions and experience from others on what they use for early/mid spring as in terms of lures.

baldwin
03-22-2007, 05:29 PM
I guess the best thing is to write another one in the general forum. Oh, by the way, early season I like small bucktails with plastic grubs, finesse fish, etc. Low and slow works best when the water is cold. Fish have slow metabolisms when the water is cold, and don't usually like to move much off the bottom or quickly for their food. Put it right down in front of them. When the water warms, you can move to mid-water and topwater offerings with a little faster retrieve.
George