View Full Version : FIRST KEEPER off Scussett Beach

UserRemoved1
03-26-2007, 05:10 AM
Off another site from Terry Nugent

I can confirm that the first keeper of the year was taken off Scussett Beach.

EDIT: I mean Jeeper, last night some kid took dads Cherokee out on the beach in the snow and sleet for a booty call. The next "call" was to 911 advising he was stuck below the high water mark and the tide was inbound and only feet from his door.

We nearly lost the Sandwich PD SUV to the ocean trying to save him and his rig. The cruiser was saved but the jeep was sacrificed to the water gods.

Dad will NOT be happy about that. It was still there at 0730 when I went by this AM. Tow company was waiting for the tide to drop enough to get the Jeep without waders.

ROFLMAO :jump:

daceman63
03-26-2007, 06:56 AM
the fines are pretty heafty for that right? Any pollution issues with the water soming over the crank case and or gas tank?

afterhours
03-26-2007, 07:02 AM
hope the kid did ok....

Raven
03-26-2007, 07:22 AM
he's a dodo....... to bad it wasnt a porche :whackin:

MarshCappa
03-26-2007, 08:40 AM
Last May my wife and I rented a Jeep and took to Cisco beach. i was surf casting and enjoying the solitude of being the only ones on the beach. We went to leavbe and as I made my turn I got it stuck 1/2 way on the high water mark. I struggled for about an hour trying to get it out with no success. We called the police, fire, and the towing service and no one would come out. The tow guy was off island and he gave the number of someonone on island who wouldn't return my calls. The police and fire said unless we were in harms way they wouldn't send any vehicle out there. They said if we could walk away safely to leave it there until the rental company could retrieve it. I called the rental office but they were closed and we weren't able to get to the vehicle until the next morning. Needless to say i didn't sleep much thinking I was going to have to purchase a jeep I drove for 15 minutes. When we got there in the morning it was in the same spot and with no water damage. Started right up and we dug and towed it out. We were really lucky. What gets me about this story though is that the cops tried to get this kid out. They told me they never do that and when I spoke about potential enviornmental hazzards they didn't care as long as we weren't in harms way.

Mike P
03-26-2007, 08:52 AM
What gets me about this story though is that the cops tried to get this kid out. They told me they never do that and when I spoke about potential enviornmental hazzards they didn't care as long as we weren't in harms way.

Nantucket vs Sandwich. Different mindsets ;)

Poor kid. He didn't have to go thru all of that for a piece. There's only about a dozen other places he could have pulled into to get a little privacy :D