View Full Version : So ya think ya know something about live bait huh?

Goose
03-26-2007, 05:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab6A1kltyrE

watch it all

scoobe
03-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Holy crap... and people think Charlie Moore is bad? This guy is nutty! I keep waiting for his line to snap and for him to go flying off the other side of the boat. Crazy concept with the dual fishermen... power to them!

Finaddict
03-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Boy ... if there were any scuba divers missing ... might be worth checking the maws of some of those Goliath Grouper (aka Jewfish) ... 600-800 pound fish can eat a lot ... yikes ...

ChiefLinesider
03-26-2007, 09:24 PM
wooo, baby!

MAC
03-27-2007, 05:11 AM
Boy ... if there were any scuba divers missing ... might be worth checking the maws of some of those Goliath Grouper (aka Jewfish) ... 600-800 pound fish can eat a lot ... yikes ...

When I lived in Florida back in the late 80's I did some marine construction. (banging nails and pouring concrete underwater). One of the guys I worked with told me of a scary experience he had a few years earlier. He was hired to make a dive at the bottom of a dam to do some concrete assement. Said he and a partner went down to the bottom and were looking at the wall when they were approached by some monsters. He said" I know everything looks bigger underwater, but these fish were looking at us like we could be lunch" They headed back to the surface and refused to go back down. Both said " those Jew fish were big enough to swallow us whole"

Most people associate sharks with the idea of eating people, but a grouper......:err:

Raven
03-27-2007, 05:38 AM
Mac I heard the exact same story about divers inspecting for cracks
in the Hoover dam in Arizona....(800 feet deep) saying they saw catfish down there so
dammed big they'll never go back again. easily big enough to eat a man
.....or dangerous enough not to take the risk because they can just bash
you or rip away your oxygen and very aggressive.

Finaddict
03-27-2007, 09:45 AM
There used to be stories of divers disappearing off the coast of Southern Florida every year ... that was what I was told when I lived down there ... as the Jewfish being 600-700 pounds could be large enough to swallow a person ... I guess the best thing to do in that instance is to carry a loaded bang stick, a quick explosion on one of those things would stop it from feeding for some time, if for every - blow it's head off.

... but on another note, I was under the impression that it was not legal to even target the Jewfish, as I know they were protected, maybe the ban has been lifted since the population is so dense ... from that guy's video there seem to be quite a few, as I have fished that area for tarpon dozens of times and never even thought of big Jewfish.