View Full Version : Anyone looking for a boat?

Got Stripers
07-20-2002, 09:39 AM
This economy and waste deep crap in my personal life, might just force me to do something I never thought I'd have to do, sell my boat. Anyway I'm looking into it and if anyone is interested or if you know someone that might be pop me a personal email. Specifics on the boat are as follows, however I'm still looking into the market so I can set an asking price. If any of you fellow boaters have a clue on what the $$ should be based on the following, I'd appreciate any feedback.

-1996 Lund Model 1890 Pro-V
-1996 Loadrite trailer with brand new axle this spring with the loadrite bearing system (feeds front & rear bearings from fitting), great rubber and new spare tire, all galvanized contruction, trailers nicely at speeds to 65-70.
-2002 Honda 130 HP 4-stroke with only 24 hours on it, 4-blade stainless and 4-blade spare prop.
-Bow mounted Eagle Ultra Classic depth finder with trolling motor mounted transducer
-Console mounted Interphase advantage depth finder with transom mounted transducer with speed and temperature and GPS plotting capabilities
-Console mounted Lowrance portable Global Map 100 with CD and mapping upload options
-Hand controlled bow mounted Minn Kota Riptide RT101 (101 lbs thrust) 36V trolling motor, longest shaft made, with 3 one year old batteries and spare prop
-Boat is 19 foot, aluminum deep V hull, dual side consoles, dual live wells, 26 gallon built in gas tank, new cranking battery, new bildge pump and float, carpetted decks, tons of storage, top end is around 40 mph, cruises at 30 with ease, power trim & tilt and motor totter for trailering.

Numerous guys/gals from this site can attest to the fact this is a great boat and perfect for coastal or inland fishing. Your not going to be planning a trip to stellwagon :), but this boat (especially with the new 4-stroke) has some serious balls and range to handle most anything coastal. It was designed with great lake fishing in mind, so it can handle some serious conditions. I've been out in 8-10 footers and never been concerned about my safety.

Thanks

JohnR
07-20-2002, 09:44 AM
GS - I'm really sorry to see this may be necessary for you :(

For anyone interested, if he does sell it, it is a kick a$$ coastal boat and a serious ledge boat

Van
07-20-2002, 09:46 AM
DON"T DO IT MAN!!!
There must be another way.
Can't you sell your soul to the devil or something ?????

Can you tell I am a boat addict ?

l.i.fish.in.vt
07-20-2002, 06:28 PM
''8-10 ft seas with no fear of safty'' maybe its time to sell the boatsounds like you've been out there to long lol. sell the wife and kids keep the boat.

Got Stripers
07-20-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by l.i.fish.in.vt
''8-10 ft seas with no fear of safty'' maybe its time to sell the boatsounds like you've been out there to long lol. sell the wife and kids keep the boat.

Well maybe a little fear :), but more like a good coaster ride, I like the rush. With a sufficient boat an experience driver can work back to port in some serious stuff. I remember once out at the B bouy being caught in a serious late afternoon squall in my old Tracker V-17, which was nothing close to the quality of the Lund. Man that was the longest 12 miles back to port I've ever run, took a couple long tiring hours and a lot of throttle work.

l.i.fish.in.vt
07-20-2002, 08:53 PM
G.s i know the feeling, i've spent almost as much time on aboat as ive spent on land. hope every thing works out for you.

Van
07-21-2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Got Stripers

a serious late afternoon squall in my old Tracker V-17, which was nothing close to the quality of the Lund. Man that was the longest 12 miles back to port I've ever run, took a couple long tiring hours and a lot of throttle work.

I hear that,,,,, After taking acouple of waves over the bow of my old 15' with the wife on board, I said "WE GOT TO GET A BIGGER BOAT"

schoolie monster
07-22-2002, 09:29 AM
Bob, heard about this over the weekend... I'm real sorry, but do what's necessary to get by.

You can still get some good surf fishing in and I owe you a few trips out, so if you sell, we'll get out some.

Good luck.

Saltheart
07-22-2002, 09:35 AM
Sorry to hear of your economic downswing GS. Lots of reasons why people sell their boats (biggest is lost interest) but under funding is one of the disappointing ones. Hope things pick up for you soon.

As SM said , lots of fish to be had from shore and usually guys around who will take you on their boats from time to time like you did for people here.