View Full Version : tires

denis
07-20-2002, 05:27 PM
while we were fishing yesterday some A---h--- tryed to take one of my trailer tires or just loosened it for fun,all the lugs were just about to fall of.I was very lucky to notice something was wrong,could of really been bad news going 70 on 195.

So before loading your boat back on the trailer CHECK YOUR LUGS.

tight lines to all

Homerun04
07-20-2002, 05:37 PM
Sorry to hear that. Where (ramp) were you on when this happened?

Scotch Bonnet
07-20-2002, 07:04 PM
PJ I bet, dang tourists. Don't worry, bad stuff will happen to the jerk who did that. What comes around goes around! denis, did you get your clams?????

denis
07-21-2002, 09:06 AM
chris,

no it was in mass,and the police check the ramp very often think that's what helped, did not get down there for the clams yet

Will be at pj tonight to fish the pond

Van
07-22-2002, 10:37 AM
That S--KS,.:smash: .:af: :af:

I've had some jerks attach my winch line to parts of the trailer and crank it to see them bend. Had to replace a lot of parts after that one.
I just don't get it. obviously they don't own a boat.

Homerun04
07-22-2002, 07:59 PM
obviously they don't own a boat.

....nor any brains......:af:

JohnR
07-23-2002, 07:37 AM
Did you catch someone trying to remove it? Was there any indication that they were taking the lugs off?

It's unlikely that all the lugs would just loosen but lug nuts have and can back off on their own for a number of reasons. That's why it's recommended to recheck lug nuts after 50 miles of use when tightened on a trailer and sometimes on cars too...

Denis - that really sucks. Makes you want to have a guard dog protecting the trailer....

denis
07-23-2002, 08:22 AM
John

the five nuts were backed off to the top of the stud. the day before I trailored to Wareham,checked and greased wheels before trip things were find.

Van
07-23-2002, 04:53 PM
Geez,, I don't know John, I have had many trailers for over the past 25 years (dating myself.. LOL), and have never had a lug loosen, on the contrary, just try to get them off after a couple of dunks in the salt. I use neverseize on all lugs now, and loosen them and re coat in case I get a flat I know they will come off.
IMO, I think he was being messed with.:af: