View Full Version : RISSA Show Today!!

BigFish
03-30-2007, 05:20 PM
My first time to this show and all I can say is WOW! Well run, lots of room......fudge, roasted cashews and jerky!!!:drool:

Talked to Eben (Thanks for the rubber!) Saw Johnny The Ratt Boy....great to talk with you and JP John, nice seeing you! Talked with Habs (Great seeing you John) and met the Ponds....nice folks! Talked also with Mike Laptew, Jeff from Pt. Jude (Joe was busy) nice talking with you guys also! Charlie Cinto my fellow club member...always nice seeing Charlie! Of course Don from Afterhours and #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&, Dennis Ryan from Gibbs, Flaptail, Ray from Linestretcher, John from NJTackle, Tobias, Gldnbear....man the list goes on....what a great time!:kewl:

Also got 2 of the last Beachmaster Cowboys!:cheers:

Pete_G
03-30-2007, 06:19 PM
Also got 2 of the last Beachmaster Cowboys!:cheers:

More to come as soon as they arrive. There's a rumor it might not be until Sunday though.

Good sized crowd today, considering the weather. Lines were long at all the usual suspects.

There's at least two Jerky booths. I'm a big fan of the Habanero jerky...

The new SurfHog rubber is going to be a thing of beauty no matter how it is fished. It'll be snaking along behind my Wobble Heads for sure this year.

Lots of familiar faces and some new ones as well. Fun show as usual...:claps:

Nebe
03-30-2007, 07:28 PM
larry thanks for that spook. good talkin to ya. :D

Pete, glad you found the rubber to your liking- every time i walked by your booth, beachmasters were flying left and credit cards were flying right :hihi:

luds
03-30-2007, 07:31 PM
Definately a good time. Met alot of people today for the first time. Never been heckled so much in my life. Guess I do have a problem with plugs.:rotf2:

Loaded up on Hab's and Afterhours and replaced my mysteriusly disappearing blurple Tattoo swimmer. Also had a couple nice fixter needles in the mailbox when I got home.:uhuh:

Hit the trinity brewhouse for lunch and had some really good stout and the best pulled pork sandwich I've ever had. Unfortunately the pitcher of IPA that Clogston29 and I washed it all down with tasted like corn oil.:yak6: Should have stuck with the stout.

Pete_G
03-30-2007, 07:57 PM
larry thanks for that spook. good talkin to ya. :D

Pete, glad you found the rubber to your liking- every time i walked by your booth, beachmasters were flying left and credit cards were flying right :hihi:

A year or two ago, I was looking into the booth and saw a short guy reaching for a Habs hung up high. As he was stretching to reach it, a tall guy reached in from behind and swiped it from him. From the look the short guy gave the tall one, I thought for sure the booth was about to be knocked over.

Truly a classic RISAA show plug fever incident.

Today was civilized, although intense...

Nebe
03-30-2007, 07:59 PM
was it Flaptail and Iron Mike???? :rotfl:

nightfighter
03-30-2007, 08:01 PM
Very good show. Saw tons of folks from here! Restrained myself from over indulging as I have a boat to pay for....
However, I did screw up. Got home, spread my stuff all over the floor, and proceeded to tell how I got my pocket knife sharpened at this one booth selling shapeners... The guy even sharpened a kitchen knife to the point where he could filet a piece of paper! Well I am in doghouse because it seems I have too many knives that need sharpening in the kitchen....
So, if anyone is going to the show, that could pick up the sharpener he recommended for kitchen knives....please PM me. thanx

gldnbear93
03-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Talked with a number of S-Bers today. Had a good hour or so at the show (had to peruse then split). I made sure I was first in line at the ticket booth and I think first to buy a beachmaster today!

Larry I did get those plugs today. Thanks. They look great and the blitz seeker is going be a killer!

Taking my five year old back, probably sunday.

Slipknot
03-30-2007, 08:50 PM
Never been heckled so much in my life. Guess I do have a problem with plugs.:rotf2:

:D :hihi: you have a reputation now :spin:
you know what the cure is...............

there is none :rotflmao: :wiggle:

I saw lots of folks today, good time,

Clammer, nice sign :laughs:

fishaholic18
03-30-2007, 08:53 PM
Clammer, nice sign :laughs:
HAHA!! I heard about that...:humpty:

tattoobob
03-30-2007, 09:16 PM
I saw so many people, today and I guess I also missed a bunch
I didn't spend a dime except for parking and entrance fee

Flaptail
03-31-2007, 12:15 AM
was it Flaptail and Iron Mike???? :rotfl:

Tried to find you today, went back twice but you were somewhere else. Social Butterfly? Loved the new bait! Oh well I tried.

Nebe
03-31-2007, 06:30 AM
yes flap i was fluttering around alot. i had my eye out for a tall guy :D

goosefish
03-31-2007, 06:45 AM
I had fun up there, talking and walking around.

RIROCKHOUND
03-31-2007, 06:56 AM
Eben.
glad people are finding Pleasure from your Stick(baits)

they will be the best yet!
Up there before lunch today!

goose in a city other than NYC... wow! :D:D:D
Hi John!

Clammer
03-31-2007, 08:15 AM
great F #$%^&*( show

now I,m leaving to go fishing //love Fridays ><><:doh: