View Full Version : RIISA

MAC
03-30-2007, 05:57 PM
What did ya get? I had to leave before I got myself into trouble. Got to talk with quite a few guys. Some I didn't get to talk to as they were pretty busy. Here's my stash.

Mr. Sandman
03-30-2007, 06:05 PM
What is that phone chord in the bottom right? or is is a rubber eel of somekind?

FredS
03-30-2007, 06:09 PM
MAC--Would you identify some of your booty?

MAC
03-30-2007, 06:17 PM
What is that phone chord in the bottom right? or is is a rubber eel of somekind?

These are Ebens new SurfHog eels. I'd open the bag and take a picture but they reek of bunker oil:humpty:

Seabait (bloodworm) BM Cowboy
Habs jtd danny.............BM Cowboy
Habs jtd atom.............Habs jtd Atom
Habs jtd Atom.............Salty Danny
Habs stik....................Salty needle
tattoo 2 oz darter......Surfhogs
tattoo 2 oz darter
tattoo 3 oz darter......surfhog ribbed eels

luds
03-30-2007, 07:11 PM
What did ya get? I had to leave before I got myself into trouble. Got to talk with quite a few guys. Some I didn't get to talk to as they were pretty busy. Here's my stash.

You sly dog. Nice jointed danny.:uhuh:

Gotta love that wonderbread tattoo darter. I was begging for that in a swimmer.

Nebe
03-30-2007, 07:25 PM

:skulz: Pleasure sticks :skulz:

mac great seeing you as always. you got a spot on my rock any day.

lurch
03-30-2007, 08:47 PM
The show was AWSOME!!! I dropped 300$ on some good loot. I picked up more rubber than I probably need.

I showed up at 11:45 and the line was 250 people or more deep. A friend of mine took a picture with his phone because he was shocked to see so many people.

I thought Tattoo lures had the best looking booth...nice job!

I was able to hook myself up with a free VS hat and then tried to weasel a free Daiwa hat but the sales dude saw me with the VS hat and wanted no part of me. :)

It was a busy day for me, I played hockey at 6:00am then went to breakfast at 9:00 and made it down to RI from Lowell by 11:45. I got home at 7:30 pm.....long day!

GREAT SHOW!! I thought it was the best of the year!

UserRemoved1
03-30-2007, 08:50 PM
MAC I missed you in the booth dood. Sorry. It was nutto for quite a while today.

Slipknot
03-30-2007, 08:54 PM
I thought I saw a guy near Habs booth that looked like Mac :read:

you have it bad Mac :hs:

that's ok, I couldn't help but spend some money also, but not as much as you and NIB did though.

I also got Charlie to sign my copy of OTW with him on the cover :D Thanks again Charlie :btu: And thank you very much Habs, it is better to hab than to gib

Slipknot
03-30-2007, 08:55 PM
I thought Tattoo lures had the best looking booth...nice job!

!

:uhuh: very impressive :btu:

vineyardblues
03-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Funny, we were going to take a picture of Mac buying at at the Habs display! Yes he has a problem :tooth:
Thanks to Habs for having Bob Pond at the show it made my day!

The show was great, TON's of lures and rubba, I was in la la land walking around, Big thanks to Mr Slugo, Nice to see ya. ,Pt Jude Brothers ,,,what can I say but thanks, Alan and Jenn,Eben, Charlie Cinto,After hour,Ct SurfCasters, MassBass,RI surfcasters, God the list go's on and on.
And yes Tattoo has a great display,always nice to see Mike:wave:
Also thanks to Chumbucket ,kid your the best!
Anyone buy a boat?
VB

westhavendave
03-30-2007, 09:55 PM
Anyone buy a boat?
VB

Not a boat, but came very close to a Hobie Revolution Kayak. Nice meeting Mac and some other S-Ber's at the CSA booth today. A fantastic show. Watching Mac and Tobias trade plugs was interesting to say the least, even saw a Gary2 handed over. I got it bad, but Mac, you and Andy are over the top.

MAC
03-31-2007, 04:54 AM
:hidin: oh and I got one of these too. And A few tickets towards the Ponds raffle. Andy asked me if I was going back today:err: I think I'll pass. Was a great time though.

Jim H
03-31-2007, 06:51 AM
:jump:

WE GOT ONE TOO!!

but ours had special markings.....almost like a "tagged" striper.....

Oh....and notice it's already in use! Mikey is saving up for more plugs! We'll be at the show tomorrow.

Thanks again Charlie! :thanks:

Tagger
03-31-2007, 08:12 AM
Mac like that long atom type there ... be interrested to see that swim .. nice pluggage,, but you can make all that stuff free ya know,, nevermind ,,, I don't know how ya do it .. I'm still broke from Asbury ... with regrets, staying away ... Who got the G2 .. My bet is Andy .

Ake G
03-31-2007, 09:47 AM
MAC you must have "known someone" (there's a shocker...)to score those cowboys...I missed one by :30...

I did get to hold one for a minute.

Got a Hab's 40 (this is one of the best put together plugs I've ever seen....Superior) , a new Bob Hahn A-40 and $50.00 worth of NJ Tackle hardware for my own work.

snake slinger
03-31-2007, 11:49 AM
i get a buch of pleasure sticks and a cowboy

basswipe
03-31-2007, 12:00 PM
Got back an hour or so ago.

Got some plugs from Salty,a 1.25oz olive/white popper and a 1oz needle same color.Grabbed a couple Pt.Jude's new sand eel tins.Also picked up a little 2pc 7' Tsunami rod for some early season action that I can always keep in the trunk.

Great seeing Joe and Jeff.Good seeing Don(AH) too.And of course always good to see Salty.Met Canalman at Joe's booth and Bigcat at Salty's and Thomcat from whom I bought the rod from.Also met one other person from the site whose name I just can't recall and for that I apologize.

Chris in Mass
03-31-2007, 04:30 PM
Got Talley Whacked twice and some gold jewlery from Brothers Jude!

Pete_G
03-31-2007, 06:35 PM

Sounds a little light in the loafers to me... not that there's anything wrong with that....

Pete_G
03-31-2007, 06:39 PM
MAC you must have "known someone" (there's a shocker...)to score those cowboys...I missed one by :30...

I did get to hold one for a minute.

You must have been there Friday. Only had a sampler of them at that point.

Should have came back today, the man himself came in with the motherload. It required a hand truck...

Call me Tuesday if you want some, we saved a whole bunch for our phone, walk-in, and Internet customers who couldn't make the show.

Rockport24
03-31-2007, 08:14 PM
I had a great time at the show and got some good loot as well, including, some tattoo stuff, and Nebe's new rubba! (uhhhhhh wait a minute) I went with a list and pretty much stuck to it, except I got talked into getting one those x-caps (the ones that have a sunglass leash built in-I couldn't resist).
anyways, great time and Pete, you guys looked like you were mobbed all day on Friday! That case of VS's was almost too much for me to take!

lurch
03-31-2007, 10:39 PM
You must have been there Friday. Only had a sampler of them at that point.

Should have came back today, the man himself came in with the motherload. It required a hand truck...

Call me Tuesday if you want some, we saved a whole bunch for our phone, walk-in, and Internet customers who couldn't make the show.

Yeah I missed out on buying a cowboy Friday. I was with some buddies and they wanted to start at the first row, even after I told them of the limited supply of lures, so by the time we got to the SWE row they were all gone. I guess I will have to call on Tuesday to get one.

I was also impressed with some of the colors of the superstrike needles.

dredey
03-31-2007, 11:03 PM
my humble little stash from the risaa show today.

whiplash
03-31-2007, 11:12 PM
Oh yeah - I blew my allowance for a couple of months. But it was worth it . I figured some of these guys with the High end new booths needed my help. Tatoos,Habs, Afterhours ,Saltys and the new CF crab guys . Any of you guys offering stock options?

UserRemoved1
04-01-2007, 04:41 AM
Whiplash I will sell you stock in that pigment on Dredey's needlefish :hee:

Dredey wait til you put that thing in the WATER :kewl:

snake slinger
04-01-2007, 05:56 AM
Sounds a little light in the loafers to me... not that there's anything wrong with that....

well howdy there pilgrem....not that theres anything wrong with that

Zeno
04-01-2007, 07:49 AM
I want to thank everyone at Saltwater Edge,especially Peter G for providing hospitality and I must say ever booth I went in felt like home.J.D.from NJ Tackle,good to chat with you.Al Gags always a character.CT Surfcasters ,great bunch of guys.Peter Burford from Burford books ,nice chatting with you as it was with Mike Hogan from Hoggy lures,Steve McKenna and it was a particular pleasure meeting Mr.#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& for the first time.Iron Mike ,Craig Van Staal and Kadir from Aquaskinz in addition to Saltwater Edge crew came made that isle come alive with personality.Herb Reed from Slugg-go had some nice new products as did Point Jude brothers who must of been born on a church holiday, they are that nice of people.John Habs ,always a pleasure.Spent some time with Don from Afterhours lures, he alone is good reason enough to drive 3 hours from New York.It was great to see Scott from #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& with his blue light special,man has a good sense of humor.Infamous NIB.it was great to see you Tony.Mike from Tattoo had as usual the best display of the show.Rich Tenreiro from Noreast Angling,always a pleasure.Two people I was hopping to meet Mr.Laptew and Eben somehow slipped thru the cracks.All in all worth six hours of driving

luds
04-01-2007, 08:30 AM
Some loot. Finally got a couple Hab's footas. :tooth:

Rob Rockcrawler
04-01-2007, 08:36 AM
Picked a couple after hours plugs, misc... jigs, some sufhogs, and a tatoo jointed eel. Cant believe how well i behaved. Was too close to droppin the loot on a smokin abu, cant believe i resisted the urge. Good seeing the folks from SB.

luds
04-01-2007, 08:45 AM
Nice hanging out in that booth too. :kewl: I had it so bad Don was actually talking me out of buying more plugs.:rotf3: I still wish I grabbed that reverse eel skin needle. Those ounce and a half plugs are gonna do well on the north shore.

luds
04-01-2007, 08:52 AM
Time to go into plug buying semi-retirement until next winter. Wish I got a Hab's stick in black

Mr. Sandman
04-01-2007, 09:10 AM
Similar haul, got some good wood and picked up a signed fish-bank for the kid. kewl.

The feeding frenzy on the cowboys is insane. as soon as the box was opened guys were on them like a bluefish feeding frenzy. I got two to fish with. I wonder how many of them found there way to ebay that night. I think it is silly to buy from a local shop guy who is trying to keep his price somewhat reasonable for guys to fish with only to see them flipped on ebay for a quick few bucks. You know the shop guys is pulling some strings to get them. Its like spitting in the guys shop. Show some respect. Buy what you can fish with, don't re-sell store bought stuff you are just hurting everyone. Eventually the shop will say screw it, I don't want the hassle or sell them himself on ebay.

I wanted to buy one of those big bunker spoons the guy from NE anglers was peddling but I could not swallow the 41 bucks per spoon knowing it probably will ge hung up on a rock on the first day.

I didn't see new rubber by eben. I was looking but could not find him.

Jezzz everyone seems to be getting into the rubber act now I think I saw 10 guys selling all kinds of rubbers.

Lots of good stuff...worth the trip.

nightfighter
04-01-2007, 09:17 AM
Time to go into plug buying semi-retirement until next winter.

:rotflmao: Yeah, right......

tattoobob
04-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Mike Luds if you want to sell any of those Wade needles I can help you out :conf:

luds
04-01-2007, 09:31 AM
:rotflmao: Yeah, right......

Need the extra cash for the friggin gas prices.

luds
04-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Mike Luds if you want to sell any of those Wade needles I can help you out :conf:

Sorry Bob....it would take alot.

dredey
04-01-2007, 11:39 AM
salty that color needle i've been meaning to get for a while. finally got it and can't wait to use it. very nice.

GattaFish
04-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Wow... Looks like you guys really got some good loot,,,,,, I see a lot of Hab-o-Holics......

NIB
04-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Better to Hab than gib.
:D

gldnbear93
04-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Got the Hab's stick in black!

Some cowboys from friday (that WILL be fished) and the last wonderbread darter today.

Got a Sheriff and a couple other hab's. There's a pt jude tin somewhere around here too.

#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&, the striper chocolate was a hit with the kids. Thanks again!

Held off on the rubber this year. I still have a ton of it from last year. Did get some seabait eel scent though.

striperman36
04-01-2007, 03:21 PM
Will someone talke away the 27 cat? Awesome machine, but incredibly little access below decks, whats up with that?

vanstaal
04-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Got a pair of VS Pliers for my new ink thanks Craig :humpty: :humpty:

RIJIMMY
04-01-2007, 04:03 PM
I was there today from 11-3 with my son. There were a bunch of those cowboys at SWE. Someone mentioned that they couldnt believe there were so many left. I didnt get any, too big for my taste. I picked up some tattoo 2oz darters, habs 1 1/4 needles (crazy about those) and some other random stuff. I heard Steve Mc's seminar which was interesting. Gave me a few ideas to chew on. good show overall!

onsetangler
04-01-2007, 04:59 PM
I went today, awesome show. Got the natural squid color of Tatoo's squid darter in 3 oz. Also picked up a needle and small swimmer from Salty. Spent a while talking to him with my father, we were both in awe of the paint jobs! He's a real craftsman! Can't wait to swim those!

afterhours
04-01-2007, 05:31 PM
thanks to all!! great to see old friends and meet new ones!- you guys are the best! lots of visitors at the booth from the SB clan, my buds over at the other site, dj, zeno, donnie, bobby, john (both of you lugs), and i'm sure i've forgotten some (sorry)- it was a whirlwind..the best of fishing to all this upcoming season! mikey, mike, ness, and don.

jschlesi
04-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Best line of the Show was a guy in front of me at Saltwater Edge yelling to his friend, " Bob, I already have my limit can you grab me another Cowboy?"
My response, " This may be the only place you may want to say that loudly"

ThrowingTimber
04-01-2007, 06:38 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

striperman36
04-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Should have gone to gillette instead.

I'll take #2 please
http://news.bostonherald.com/galleries/?title=040107trackcheer#photo

capecodkid
04-01-2007, 07:42 PM
I got 3 cowboys at the show, and a troublemaker surfster. Didn't bring alot of money to the show.:rolleyes:

RIROCKHOUND
04-01-2007, 08:07 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BEACHMASTER-SCALED-COWBOY-RARE_W0QQitemZ170097622582QQcategoryZ36153QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Flipping already?

capecodkid
04-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Nope I'm keepin mine.

eelman
04-02-2007, 05:36 AM
I want to thank everyone at Saltwater Edge,especially Peter G for providing hospitality and I must say ever booth I went in felt like home.J.D.from NJ Tackle,good to chat with you.Al Gags always a character.CT Surfcasters ,great bunch of guys.Peter Burford from Burford books ,nice chatting with you as it was with Mike Hogan from Hoggy lures,Steve McKenna and it was a particular pleasure meeting Mr.#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& for the first time.Iron Mike ,Craig Van Staal and Kadir from Aquaskinz in addition to Saltwater Edge crew came made that isle come alive with personality.Herb Reed from Slugg-go had some nice new products as did Point Jude brothers who must of been born on a church holiday, they are that nice of people.John Habs ,always a pleasure.Spent some time with Don from Afterhours lures, he alone is good reason enough to drive 3 hours from New York.It was great to see Scott from #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& with his blue light special,man has a good sense of humor.Infamous NIB.it was great to see you Tony.Mike from Tattoo had as usual the best display of the show.Rich Tenreiro from Noreast Angling,always a pleasure.Two people I was hopping to meet Mr.Laptew and Eben somehow slipped thru the cracks.All in all worth six hours of driving

Zeno, great meeting you also! Show was alot of fun for me this year.Tight lines, have a good 07 season!

ragfly
04-02-2007, 05:53 AM
BillB. and I made the trip down from Maine. It was our first RI show because we always went to the MSBA show, but this year we decided the hit the RI show instead. We got there around 10am no lines to get in. Let's just say that this is the one show we are going to attend for now on.... well worth the drive!

boot man
04-02-2007, 06:15 AM
A very special thanks to all the people who worked the show. My 2 boys (3,5) had a blast. They are still digging thru their bags like it is the day after Halloween. My wife, who only came to help keep an eye on them, said she had a great time as well. Special thanks to Charlie Cinto, it was a pleasure chatting with you. The banks were a huge hit, now they can save for next year's show!

Pete_G
04-02-2007, 07:38 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BEACHMASTER-SCALED-COWBOY-RARE_W0QQitemZ170097622582QQcategoryZ36153QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Flipping already?

I'll be firing back early tomorrow when I put almost 200 online.

Whether it actually effects the eBay market or not remains to be seen. Probably it'll just result in more of them on eBay...

I guess this is the natural effect if you sell something far below it's actual $$ value. It's probably the only item in surfcasting where the moment you buy it it doubles it's $$ value.

RIROCKHOUND
04-02-2007, 07:47 AM
Fair enough Pete.
I hope people buy em and fish-em.
glad to see the madness this weekend for you guys..

and did anyone see Mike aka Tattoo.. all cleaned up, hair combed... :D