View Full Version : Show season is over - what's next?

JohnR
04-04-2007, 12:09 PM
Show season is over and with the dinks trickling in and the bigger gals around the corner - what's next?

How much gear work do you need to get done? (for me - a lot)

What else do you need to buy?

What else do you need to prepare for?

Are you really ready to just GO FISH?

riverrat2
04-04-2007, 12:20 PM
I am more than ready to fish, the final steps will be moving all of my gear(waders, skinz, cooler, plug bag etc.) into my truck. Once that happens the season is on.

Sluggoslinger
04-04-2007, 12:23 PM
I really don't have much to do to my gear unless you count my boat...

Tie leaders and snell hooks on, organize some stuff and re-spool my reels is about it.

I can't wait to try out my saltiga though!

bart
04-04-2007, 12:23 PM
more than ready to fish. some sunny days with SW winds would be nice...

luds
04-04-2007, 12:25 PM
I got my van staals back from service yesterday so i'm going to put line on them tonight. I've already tied about 250 leaders so I'm good on that. The big thing I need to do right now is rig some pink and white 7 inch sluggos which I have really been avoiding. I think it's also time to put my trac rack on my rig.

BigFish
04-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Last minute Larry dropped off a few reels today for service, though I have others to start the season with should they take awhile to get back!:gf: Rod rack is in truck, gotta tie some leaders, clean the dust off the rods and I am ready to hit it....couple more weeks!:eyes: :eyes:

justplugit
04-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Stuff is in the corner where i left it after washing in Jan, just need to throw it in the truck.

Trout fishin till May when the plug season really starts. June, the Cape. :hihi:

reelecstasy
04-04-2007, 12:36 PM
I am ready!
Truck has all the gear on, reels serviced..
I'm ready, I'm ready

JohnR
04-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Trout fishin till May when the plug season really starts. June, the Cape. :hihi:

Le me know when you come up - if I'm around, I want to let a line with ya ;)

Bronko
04-04-2007, 12:42 PM
I am basically ready to go. Last thing left to do is spool em' up! :humpty:

JFigliuolo
04-04-2007, 12:47 PM
finnishing up a few more plugs and banging out he rest of my honey do list. Once Mid may comes around I'm not good for S&^% around the house...

jim sylvester
04-04-2007, 12:52 PM
lets go

ready and waiting

Back Beach
04-04-2007, 01:06 PM
Have about 4-5 busy weeks ahead with work, then some angling adventure. Should be just about the right time for good quantities of larger fish by then. Of course if it rains or the urge strikes me, it will be 4-5 days from now.....

RIROCKHOUND
04-04-2007, 01:13 PM
same here.
Swamped for April.
Works well for my prefered mom's day start time

Rockport24
04-04-2007, 01:18 PM
yeah, I gotta get one of my reels serviced! I also need to rig up some sluggos, got a bunch of them for a great deal at RISAA. I'm waiting on the tying leaders, I like to have fresh knots! (superstition?).
I made a "Keep Cool eel bucket" last weekend and can't wait to populate it!

UserRemoved1
04-04-2007, 01:51 PM
The work begins. I have a BULLSEYE to hit with plugs now.

Rockfish9
04-04-2007, 01:51 PM
I summerized the ice auger and hung it in the rafters, while I was up there I took down the rocket launcher that rides in the bed of my truck.....

The rods are ready, I've got more than enough plugs,fllies and jigs...

I just need to paint the bottom of the boat, put in the batteries and change the water pump.. once that is done I'll trap a few eels, fill the freezer with cod and haddock and by then the REAL fish should be here...

Slingah
04-04-2007, 02:20 PM
I need to tie some leaders and rig sluggos....I have to get some work done in the next month so I can fish... there won't be and road trips for me for dinks...
Buisness as usual.....looking forward to another season with the regular characters....and a few new ones too....

capecodkid
04-04-2007, 02:26 PM
I need to buy and do to much to list

keeperreaper
04-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Everything is done except to put the electronics back in the boat and rig a few spreader bars. should be able to do that in a few hours tops. Codfishing until the big girls show in May.

chris L
04-04-2007, 02:55 PM
trout fishing local rivers until late may . I will wait for bigger fish to arrive .

BigBo
04-04-2007, 03:05 PM
I'm getting closer. I've acquired some necessary plugs. I've got to spool the new reel. Tie some leaders and teasers. I also need to replace the studs in my Korkers.
I still need to find a moderately priced plug bag.

JohnR
04-04-2007, 03:09 PM
I'm getting closer. I've acquired some necessary plugs. I've got to spool the new reel. Tie some leaders and teasers. I also need to replace the studs in my Korkers.
I still need to find a moderately priced plug bag.

I have your plug bag covered :hee: ... BTW, you available for a trip to M&Ds on Saturday?

BigBo
04-04-2007, 03:32 PM
I have your plug bag covered :hee: ... BTW, you available for a trip to M&Ds on Saturday?

Probably in the AM:boots: :wave:

STREETFIGHT
04-04-2007, 03:58 PM
sluggos riged, eel rigs done, leaders twisted up, plug bags put back together, spool em up this weekend & i'm ready to go.

basswipe
04-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Ready.

BigFish
04-04-2007, 05:11 PM
BigBo is gonna need a bigger plug bag!!:eek5:

shadow
04-04-2007, 05:19 PM
still need to spool up my reels,change out hooks,epoxy a few guides,I should get new wading boots as well, yet I could be ready tommorow if I needed to fish.

Goose
04-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Going to pick up the Shimano Torium20... I hear its a great reel for the dough...my boat arsenal is looking shabby. Still need to pick up a few spools of mirage fluro, paint a few jigs and finish up a couple rods for friends. On the boat, going to add another bilge pump, there is a couple major up grades Ild like to add but time and money will be the decider.

Backbeach Jake
04-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Le me know when you come up - if I'm around, I want to let a line with ya ;)

Me, too!:wavey:

Rob Rockcrawler
04-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Respool a couple reels and finish putting guides on a rod and im done. Schoolie stuff will hit the truck this weekend and there is no lookin back. Thank god cuz the last couple weeks are always the most miserable of the year. I hate March...

Flaptail
04-04-2007, 07:01 PM
One reel shy for Striped Bass fishing, got everything else already. Now just trout fishing for the next two weeks then it's showtime and the ball starts it's long roll down that familiar hill and before we know it, boom it's December.

The trout fishing has been quite good this year overall.:uhuh:

piemma
04-04-2007, 07:37 PM
same here.
Swamped for April.
Works well for my prefered mom's day start time

Just to prove "old Bast$#@ds" still have it, I'm gonna hit the surf next week...without you.:walk:

JohnR
04-05-2007, 06:32 AM
Probably in the AM:boots: :wave:

Ok lemme see - I may be somewhere else early am so let me find out what time I can get around - thanks!

NIGHT STRIKES
04-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Hitting my surrounding backbays this weekend,, Bass are getting real acitve on the out-going tides. Mostly still 18"-32" size fish,but there was a report the other day of a 46"/40Lb caught trying to make its way up one of the SouthJersey Rivers..Hated to see that it was brought to the scales,but it shows that some of the biguns are on the move... Water temps are still a little cold in the surf for anytype of plugging action but a few are picking up some fish on freash clam.. I'm sticking to the back with bombers and rubba until it warms up a bit more there..

Good Luck Everyone Wetting A Line This Weekend,,,,