View Full Version : Neponsett Launch Site

Rick Ackley
04-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Hey fellow fisher-people..
Someone mentioned a new launch site in Quincy, off Granite into the Nep. River. I just got off the phone with Ron at the Sportsmen Den, he says he has not heard of a new facility. Has anyone else got any data. The streets of Quincy are like Barrut, trailer groans all the way thru town. Launching right off the hiway would surely be a bennie, plus bass must stack up in this river during the flood?

eelskimmer
04-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Yes there is a launch ramp into the Neponset. It is part of a
revitalization of park land on the east bank of river. It can be
seen from RT 93. There is a new roadway constructed in
the park that I believe you can get on from Gallivan Blvd.
that leads to the ramp and parking. Scout it first and good
luck.:walk:

BigBo
04-06-2007, 04:43 PM
That new ramp looks very narrow.

Raider Ronnie
04-06-2007, 06:30 PM
[QUOTE=Rick Ackley;481301]Hey fellow fisher-people..
Someone mentioned a new launch site in Quincy, off Granite into the Nep. River. I just got off the phone with Ron at the Sportsmen Den, he says he has not heard of a new facility.

Hey,
When you talked with Ron was he calm and in a good mood,
or was he throwing another computer screen through his front windows !!!!!!
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hidin:

blue oyster
04-07-2007, 09:03 AM
the ramp is not in quincy but across the river in dorchester , i do not know if its open yet have not been by to check it out ( and won't be for a while still on crutches), and yes it does look narrow from the expressway , might only be for yaks and cannoes ? a must to recon before dragging a boat down there . if anyone is in the area and wants to check it out , to get there get off the expressway at granite ave dor. cross over the neponsite river and take the first right there is a park and it looks like the ramp is at the end of the park , if anyone goes there let us know how it is .

fishsmith
04-07-2007, 11:32 AM
What size boat are you putting in?
What are you pulling with?

I ask because I've seen smaller boats put in/out right over the brigdge on Morrisey blvd.

TIMTIM
04-07-2007, 05:26 PM
This ramp is only for kayaks and canoes.

DMenace
04-09-2007, 12:48 AM
The new park is in Dorchester on the corner of Granite Ave. and Hilltop St.. I think the ramp is for kayaks and canoes but I will check tomorrow, I'm only 5 minutes from the park. There is a launch at the yacht club on the other side of the river across the small Granite Ave. Bridge.

Rick Ackley
04-09-2007, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the help. I drag a 18'cc with a Dodge Ram, and I am used to not having all the frills like the ramp in Weymouth has to offer, but I do need a firm bottom and some water depth. Pls keep me abreast of any news. I hate driving thru Quincy to get to the ramp. Those roads are horrible.

BaddJack
04-10-2007, 10:24 AM
I've been spoiled by the boat ramp at Wessagusset. I just hate the long slow motoring out to Hangman's and Rainsford.

Opening the boat ramp at the gas tank would make some politician highly popular with boaters. Other than that, it's so shallow in Dorchester Bay that it would take a major construction project in the vicinity of old piers along the Neponset River or the Calf Pasture Pumping Station (Columbia Point) areas.

I've got an 18' center console wooden skiff on bunks, new 4 stroke 30 HP, towed by a 20 year old GMC 4wd.

This will be my first spring in Quincy Bay, after a 13+ year hiatus in Central Florida. Last year, my boat was not in the water until July.

The water temperatures were in the mid to upper 70's into September, I found out dogfish don't make good fertilizer.

In days of yore (60's & 70's) my family used to launch off Morrissey Blvd. It's not even feasible with my present rig. On off days, I would shore fish for flounder from either side of Moon Island, after digging for bait at low tide. The superchlorination of sewage sure messed up that fishery.