View Full Version : alaska...help..

stiff tip
04-08-2007, 05:59 AM
well, i,m finely going .... summer2008.. i,m been telling myself, before i die i,m going to alaska... know hears thing .. research.. holy chit !!!! tons n tons of info.. but has anyone gone there before on fishing trips .. i,m planing to go on or near the kenia area. want to fish for 7 to10 days at a camp ,for salmon, trout, and halbit,a do a fly in or float trip and do a rail trip inland for3 days. i,m planing to go w/ 4 to 6 men... then meet the wifes in seawed and take a cruise ship south for a wk back to portland or. about 3 wks in all.. its a trip of a life time for me!!! so i would like some imput and info from some one thats gone before... wish me luck ill need it..

Bill L
04-08-2007, 06:35 AM
if ChrisL doesnt see this, send him a PM, hes been a couple times I believe.. ..

nightfighter
04-08-2007, 06:36 AM
stiffy

Get in touch with ChrisL. He went two years ago this summer. Said it was AWESOME. He has plenty of pics too. He went real remote!

niko
04-08-2007, 06:41 AM
wow, that sounds fantastic. my wifes cousin recently bought a place near kenai, a classic case of more money than he knows what to do with. halibut, salmon, giant cod - that will be amazing. good luck, paul

Slipknot
04-08-2007, 08:37 AM
Don't feed the bears

Raider Ronnie
04-08-2007, 09:00 AM
Send a pm or email to Dave (Relentlesscharters)
He lived up there 4 years

Uncle Matt
04-08-2007, 03:38 PM
That's one of my dream trips as well Dave. Someday I'll do the same thing. I'd love to spend a week chasing barn doors and leapfrogging from one remote pond to another. Until then I'll have to live through other peoples trips.

stiff tip
04-09-2007, 04:58 AM
i need a reason to live... and this will do it for a while....the choices are unbleavable.... i love it....fishing for 2 wks ... and a cruise back

Flaptail
04-09-2007, 08:29 AM
Do they have Tarpon there? No? Forget it. Need warmth, tropic breezes and a 100 pound plus fish on my ten weight.

Or maybe a Rooster or two on plugging tackle.

Sorry bud I won't be making that trip but I know you want to go and catch a real Steelhead and they grow big up there.

Do you know how Eskimo women warm cold feet?

Nebe
04-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Do you know how Eskimo women warm cold feet?

How?

Stifftip, Ive been to juneau to visit family and fished with a friend of theirs on a small boat for halibut. I cant give you any recommendations, but what i can say is that it is by far the most beautiful place i have ever been to in my life. Take mountains of new hampshire, throw in a few glaciers and drag them east to the coast of Maine, increase the tree size by 2 or 3 times, throw in a few billion bald eagles and you got alaska.

Halibut fishing did nothing for me.. we were catching 3o maybe 35 lb halibut on the same setup you would use for wireline.. 350 feet of water, 32 ounce bullet heads with gloobs of bait. When you hooked one it was like reeling in a tree stump. Salmon is where its at.