View Full Version : Bledsoe Retires -

fishsmith
04-12-2007, 06:24 AM
Sorry Ronnie, no Drew in the silver and black for you :laughs:

His faults and stage dives at Everclear concerts are well documented, but I tip my hat to him.
He stood in there and took the hit for many years, and put up some some great numbers. He was the QB that turned the Pats franchise around ... The Bledose to Coates combo was a thing of beauty. Thanks for the Memories Drew, enjoy big sky country.

BigFish
04-12-2007, 06:31 AM
A class act for sure......I never really liked him as a player ever since the Pats picked him! He put up all the numbers but had no calculator to add them together to equal a championship! So.....he won't make my top 25 quarterback picks thats for sure! I can't believe he will not sign on with some other team? It may well be a way for him to squirt loose from the Cowboys and make himself available??

Anyway....I wish him the best and thank him for getting hurt that day not too long ago........or the Pats dynasty would never have come about!:wave:

Raven
04-12-2007, 07:13 AM
he'd been flogging a dead horse to no avail....

he needs to trot down a different Path now...

his true destiny....wasn't football...

that was just a vehicle.......
to get where he's going.:rolleyes:

Backbeach Jake
04-12-2007, 05:50 PM
The Red Zone was his enemy. If he coulda beat that curse he woulda had numbers that counted. I thought that he played like a man. When I saw him pushing those metal wires back into his broken finger tips so he could throw the ball, I knew he was no sally. Taking a snap musta been hell, too. I sure wish it had been different for him. He did bring winning to NE though, just not it all.

BigFish
04-12-2007, 05:54 PM
His problem was he could not find his secondary recievers because he was so keyed in on his primary target.....unable to fall back to a plan "B"! Not to mention his size 14 feet were made of lead!!!! :uhoh:

Raider Ronnie
04-12-2007, 08:06 PM
I thought for sure Al Davis was going to sign him hoping to mentor Andrew Walter or if they take Brady Quinn or Jamarcus Russell with the #1 pick !
(I'm hoping they pick Calvin Johnson and dump Randy Moss)
But no doubt, Drew Bledsoe was a class act and I think most Pats fans forget how good he was early in his career with Parcells, and had Bob Craft not F%%%ed up and left Bill alone, they should have won that super bowl against Green Bay. I think Parcells threw that game intentionally !!!

BigFish
04-12-2007, 11:24 PM
He will play.....you will see!

clumber
04-13-2007, 06:29 AM
So much for my Drew loving Bro-in-law who was covinced that the Owens signing in Big D would propell his QB into the Hall.

I cant give Drew any grief. He is a class act from all accounts and he played his butt off.
(remember the "other" QB on the board when the pats grabbed Drew???....what happened to him again????)

Raider Ronnie
04-13-2007, 04:58 PM
So much for my Drew loving Bro-in-law who was covinced that the Owens signing in Big D would propell his QB into the Hall.

I cant give Drew any grief. He is a class act from all accounts and he played his butt off.
(remember the "other" QB on the board when the pats grabbed Drew???....what happened to him again????)

That would be Rick Mirer :rotfl: