View Full Version : airborne

MrHunters
04-13-2007, 10:35 PM
is there really anything in this suppliment that helps with a cold, before you get a cold.

fighting one off right now.

MrHunters
04-13-2007, 10:45 PM
ps: my gf bought the dissolve kind that is kind of like alkaseltzer. the label says warm apple cider......

this does NOT taste like warm apple cider. :yak:

Raven
04-13-2007, 10:53 PM
never heard of it.... :huh:

must be new...

cheferson
04-14-2007, 06:28 AM
Airborne always seems to work for me. I always get the citrus flavor though, never had cider.

UserRemoved1
04-14-2007, 06:33 AM
I use zicam and yes I do think it does work. You have to start taking it literally as soon as you have that feeling like your getting sick. I take em every 3 hours and I've seen colds disappear in 1-2 days completely the last few times I've taken it. Theyr'e just basically immune system booster ingredients but I do think they work.

Raven
04-14-2007, 07:02 AM
No Tasmanian wombat root? :grins:

MrHunters
04-14-2007, 07:23 AM

the were fresh out when i went to the store.:gf:

Raven
04-14-2007, 08:03 AM
i swear by echinacea
that and ZINC and C
i haven't had a cold all winter.

i've had the sniffles for a day but thats about it..
no more of that two week ,,, phlem city
nasty colds anymore... for -> "me" <- just using those 3.

UserRemoved1
04-14-2007, 09:11 AM
You told me about that stuff but I think it might try to counter-act with my oil of sassafrass root that I take :lm:

Smokey14
04-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Take it from a guy that has worked in an ambulance for several years. WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN. Wash em before you eat and especially before you go to bed. The best prevention is to avoid contacting your mouth, eyes, and nose with germs.

Nebe
04-14-2007, 09:29 AM
airborne citrus works for me. eat a grapefruit too. yummy

zacs
04-14-2007, 01:50 PM
airborne citrus works for me. eat a grapefruit too. yummy

me three.

crucial when you do a lot of travel and are always on the plane with a bunch of sick coughing idiots.

Nebe
04-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Plane -noun - A long aluminum tube filled with germs

gone fishin
04-14-2007, 08:14 PM
smokey14 is the only one who makes sense!! All that stuff is snakeoil. One of the Boston TV Chanels had a bit on it and the medical people all knocked it. I know that washing is the one thing that can actually help. I keep a bottle of the liquid anti whatever hand cleaner in my car and use it often. :skulz:

Squid kids Dad
04-14-2007, 08:45 PM
I hate those commercials..

MrHunters
04-14-2007, 10:59 PM
i actually have been pretty lucky this year. no colds until now. but this ones turning into a doozy fast.

when it comes to all this stuff the phrase "i heard" comes up alot. Well I heard that the anti bacterial stuff is actually is actually bad because your body's immune system doesnt know what to fight so when you do get something its worse... plus colds are virus's not bacterial... bacterial you need antibiotics, colds....just f'in man up.

I will say if you are not a fan of toughing a cold out give aleve 12 hr cold and sinus a try. That stuff is pretty potent, to the point where you almost forget you are sick. You get carded when you are buying it. its that good :)

Smokey14
04-15-2007, 05:13 PM
I keep the antibacterial water less hand cleaner in my tackle bag and use it often after I catch/handle a fish. Can't be to careful with the microbacteriosis the striper in the chesapeake are carrying. Nasty stuff. Some guy died a couple years ago from an infected blue fish bite to his thumb.

MrHunters
04-15-2007, 08:23 PM
I keep the antibacterial water less hand cleaner in my tackle bag and use it often after I catch/handle a fish. Can't be to careful with the microbacteriosis the striper in the chesapeake are carrying. Nasty stuff. Some guy died a couple years ago from an infected blue fish bite to his thumb.

buzz kill

:uhoh:

putting some in my bag as we speak

tattoobob
04-15-2007, 09:37 PM

buzz kill

:uhoh:

putting some in my bag as we speak

I just use Smokey's :pop: :pop: :pop: