View Full Version : Jiffy Lube SCUMBAGS... Bagged

GattaFish
04-14-2007, 09:40 AM
Check this out,,,, Channel 4 news

http://mfile.akamai.com/12924/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2006/0503/9152183.200k.asx

UserRemoved1
04-14-2007, 10:36 AM
roflmao that's been going on for 20 years since they been doing this stuff. jerkwads

fishaholic18
04-14-2007, 11:06 AM
You would have gotten fired on the spot at the dealership I worked at if you pulled that crap.
The people were better off they didn't really flush their tranny's, they use bulk fluid(cheap crap). You wouldn't believe how many tranny's I've rebuilt due to a Jiffy Lube flush.
Jiffy Lube techs(I use that term lightly) are hacks.
F'in crap like that pisses me off, no reason for it. Gives good techs a bad rap... It's just not right.

Swimmer
04-14-2007, 11:45 AM
They work at Jiffy Lube because they can't find work anywhere else!

UserRemoved1
04-14-2007, 11:54 AM
¡Trabajan en el lubricante del segundito porque no pueden encontrar el trabajo en cualquier otro lugar!

They work at Jiffy Lube because they can't find work anywhere else!

BigBo
04-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Same thing happened to me at Firestone recently. I normally change my own oil, but because of health issues, I figured I'd have someone do it since I was a little overdue. I knew about Jiffy Lube's reputation and thought I might be a bit safer with Firestone or someone else. After the oil change I stopped at a convenience store and just for $hits and giggles, I pop the hood. They never changed the filter. You can't believe how pissed off I was. They offered me free oil change certificates. NO THANKS!!!!!!!:realmad: I wrote a nasty letter to Firestone letting them know I would never conduct business with them ever again.
Jerkoffs!:mad:

GattaFish
04-14-2007, 12:51 PM
Same thing happened to me at Firestone recently. I normally change my own oil, but because of health issues, I figured I'd have someone do it since I was a little overdue. I knew about Jiffy Lube's reputation and thought I might be a bit safer with Firestone or someone else. After the oil change I stopped at a convenience store and just for $hits and giggles, I pop the hood. They never changed the filter. You can't believe how pissed off I was. They offered me free oil change certificates. NO THANKS!!!!!!!:realmad: I wrote a nasty letter to Firestone letting them know I would never conduct business with them ever again.
Jerkoffs!:mad:

I would demand My money back,,,,,,and if it was on a credit card then I would dispute it if they would not credit my card....I have had to do that once and the credit card never paid them,,,,,

JohnR
04-14-2007, 12:59 PM
I can tell you that we replaced a bunch of oil pans due to cross threaded drain plugs from the quicky shop.... We had more than a couple dead motors too...

fishaholic18
04-14-2007, 01:05 PM
I can tell you that we replaced a bunch of oil pans due to cross threaded drain plugs from the quicky shop.... We had more than a couple dead motors too...

Yup, that too John. I remember replacing oil pans due to JL guys cranking the drain plug up with a 3' breaker bar.:lossinit:

Also had to rebuild a ton of brake systems because the mokes topped up the master cyl. with motor oil...Cust drives down the road..motor oil swells all the brake system seals and car stops..brakes lock up solid..Made some serious $$$ fixing JL F-ups/

Raider Ronnie
04-14-2007, 01:09 PM
This goes on in every trade unless you are there to watch over them every step !!!
especially when I've need something done to my house!
It's cheaper to take a day off from work and loose a days pay than to let some construction , electrician, plumber ect... be there alone !!!
I don't trust ANYONE !!!

BigBo
04-14-2007, 01:11 PM
I would demand My money back,,,,,,and if it was on a credit card then I would dispute it if they would not credit my card....I have had to do that once and the credit card never paid them,,,,,
I did get my money back after I watched them do the oil change properly.

wstcoastcastn
04-14-2007, 01:46 PM
:realmad: About six years ago i took a brand new truck to jiffy lube, the friggin clowns took the drain screw outta the transfer case and didn't put it back. I drove it around for a week till I fried the carrier. It took me a week of leaving messages and argueing to get the issue resolved. They paid for the repairs which was over 3 grand, but I was without a vehicle for 2 weeks. Then the jackasses sent me a coupon sayin, "we would really like your business back, heres 10% off your next oil change." I was like...10%!!!!!:rocketem:

BigFish
04-14-2007, 03:26 PM
I always suspected they pulled that crap!!!! Can't trust anyone! Sometimes I wonder about dentists too!!!! How would you know really???:huh:

Raider Ronnie
04-14-2007, 04:07 PM
I always suspected they pulled that crap!!!! Can't trust anyone! Sometimes I wonder about dentists too!!!! How would you know really???:huh:

Ever thought what a male dentist could be doing while he has a girl knocked out on the gas, and he has no assistant there watching him ???
I could tell you a few stories of this happening!

EricW
04-14-2007, 04:50 PM
I hate seeing things like that. Most all of the major news outlets have done stories like that. I don't think it will ever end. That is exactly why I learned to do as much my own car repairs as possible. For the stuff I can't do, I do know of a great honest mechanic. Takes a week to get in there and is 1/2 hour away, but worth it. He knows I like to do things to my car and he points out to me the stuff he knows I like to do. I usually keep up on that stuff, but a reminder is always nice. Has also shown me some nice tips like the best way to reassemble drum brakes and some other helpful things to make things go smoother. Don't find too many guys like that. Other places would say you really need these like today or even worse do them without your ok.

CAL
04-14-2007, 05:24 PM
Jiffy Lube tried to do that to me 20 years ago. Went to get an oil change on my lunch break and something inside me said to check the oil when I got back to work. Pulled the dipstick and dark brown, almost gritty oil. Cleaned it off and checked again, same thing. Climbed under the car and checked the filter and it was dirty with road tar etc. They did absolutely nothing.

I went straight back and dragged the manager outside to show him and he tries to tell me the dirty oil is normal, that's how you know it's pulling the crap out of the engine :rotflmao:

I say "Last time I checked, I didn't have any t!ts so don't talk to me like I'm a broad. Get back under there and change the effing oil!"
When he was done I made him give me my money back as well.
Those places are nothing but a bunch of scumbags :hang:

CAL
04-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Sometimes I wonder about dentists too!!!! How would you know really???:huh:

You lost me on this one Larry :huh: . What kinda dentist do you go to that you don't know if they've done any work or not? :tooth:

Backbeach Jake
04-14-2007, 05:51 PM
You lost me on this one Larry :huh: . What kinda dentist do you go to that you don't know if they've done any work or not? :tooth:

I can tell you that I've had a lot less expensive problems since I quit going. "Gee, Doc that don't feel right" "it's ok" next thing I know My tooth is shattered and I need a crown -twice.
When you go for a check up, ever notice that they stab into a tooth like they're trying to make a hole? In 6 months you need a filling. Don't talk to me about car guys being crooks...

BigFish
04-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Point is CAL....ya don't really know if they are doing anything at all......know what I mean? Its not like you can look in your own mouth!:rotflmao:

BigFish
04-14-2007, 06:03 PM
BBJ gets it!:tooth:

Squid kids Dad
04-14-2007, 06:28 PM
Jiffy lube to dentists..Thats a hijack..:jump:

fishaholic18
04-14-2007, 06:46 PM
Jiffy Lube is cleaning teeth now???http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m105/mysmileyplace/miniteeth.gif

Squid kids Dad
04-14-2007, 07:30 PM
:tooth:

Slingah
04-14-2007, 07:54 PM
one of those chain drive thru joints stripped the pan on our Accord and the dealer wanted something like 500.00 for a new pan, cuz it is aluminum or some crap......local guy tapped it out...works for now....
Im goin back to changing my own oil after reading this....

gone fishin
04-14-2007, 08:07 PM
I have a Jeep dealers contract for a number of lubes for my Jeep Wrangler. I thought it was a good deal at the time, BUT...Lawless Jeep in Woburn MA is servicing my vehicle and after having the oil changed and the vehicle lubed I noticed that the grease fittings were never touched. I asked the mechanic who was serviceing the jeep why it was never greased - his answer was that the lube service does not include greasing it. The dealers idea of a lube job is to change the oil period! They do not check any fluid levels or even the tire pressure. I complained to the service writer and he told me that the jeep doesn't have grease fittings. I have a few coupons left and every time I go to the garage to have the vehicle serviced, I try and watch to see how much I have to complete to keep the jeep in good shape. This dealer is worse than the Jiffy guys.:nailem:

blue oyster
04-14-2007, 08:16 PM
the wife pulls into the driveway one day after an oil change at jiffy lube , smoke billowing out from under the hood , i open the hood they did not put the oil fill cap back on :wall: i was lucky the cap had fallen off to the side and it did not get lost but what a stinking mess under the hood i realize they don't hire brain surgeons but come on , at least i should be happy they put the oil in:mad:

Squid kids Dad
04-14-2007, 08:42 PM
I have a company car and we have to go to them for the fleet service..A couple of weeks ago one of the guys I work with went there for service..They got the ok for the tranny service..He got 5 miles down the road and his car stopped..It seems they forgot to fill the tranny fluid..oops..He knew it wasnt shifting properly but didnt know why...:faga:

EricW
04-14-2007, 09:15 PM
one of those chain drive thru joints stripped the pan on our Accord and the dealer wanted something like 500.00 for a new pan, cuz it is aluminum or some crap......local guy tapped it out...works for now....
Im goin back to changing my own oil after reading this....

If anyone ever has this happen to them I believe they make an oversized bolt for a lot of cars that self taps and gives you a nice new hole in the oilpan.

fishaholic18
04-14-2007, 09:48 PM
If anyone ever has this happen to them I believe they make an oversized bolt for a lot of cars that self taps and gives you a nice new hole in the oilpan.

It don't work for crap. The only shot at repairing it is to get a helicoil kit and drill and tap to the helicoil size, threadlock the coil in and install new drain plug and check closely for leaks. Other than that, r&r the pan, don't f' around with a chance of loosing the drain plug or you'll need a motor.

Squid kids Dad
04-14-2007, 10:40 PM
I agree F18..How ya doing???

Swimmer
04-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Larry never go to a dentist who shares office space with a proctologist. You never know where those gloves have been the dentist has on.

fishaholic18
04-15-2007, 12:32 PM
I agree F18..How ya doing???

Hurtin' Thanx for asking.