View Full Version : Noreaster Storm Damage

JohnR
04-17-2007, 07:45 AM
Hopefully the worst of this storm is over, can we run a list of damage that occurred? Someone mentioned cuts at Nauset and Monomoy and we know there was a fair amount of damage in South County RI...

Trying to get more accurate info - thanks!

reelecstasy
04-17-2007, 07:49 AM
as of afternoon yesterday, I know Nauset had 3 cuts, with 2 or 3 bad tides left to come...

baldwin
04-17-2007, 08:19 AM
I don't think it's really "damage" as much as re-shuffling of structure. Shorelines, especially soft sandy ones, are forever shifting due to storms, winds, and currents. Every spring brings some changes, and the fish adapt their activities to them. Humans have come up with the concept of storm "damage". We take possession of pieces of land that have been forever changing due to storms, flooding, and just time. When we "own" that piece of land, we call those changes "damage". It's kind of foolish to build on dunes, floodplains, etc, and expect compensation when nature runs her normal course.

basswipe
04-17-2007, 05:44 PM
There's a monstrous tree fully uprooted on Sprague street.And I mean fully uprooted.

macojoe
04-17-2007, 07:05 PM
All i know is that I need a New Hood, New Fender, fix door, fix other fender

Happened at work, and I have a $500 Dedutable that work will not pay !!

http://syncboard.com/albums/album03/04_16_07_0613.jpg

http://syncboard.com/albums/album03/Copy_of_Picture_003_Medium.sized.jpg

http://syncboard.com/albums/album03/Copy_of_Picture_002_Medium.sized.jpg

Duke41
04-17-2007, 10:07 PM
whats that on your head...a skunk?

rockyroady
04-18-2007, 08:01 AM
Little damage, rocks in lot.

ProfessorM
04-18-2007, 09:21 AM
Sorry Joe. Tree guy couldn't get to me yesterday and when i got the call at work last nite i knew it had come down. Flattened the ass end our babysitters car to the ground and ripped the service from the house. What a mess. Feel bad for the kids car. I had move my truck a few days before thank god or it would have been toast. Thank god no one was hurt and it went away from the house. P.

jeffsod
04-18-2007, 03:19 PM
The Cape Cod Times online midday update is reporting one serious breach of Nauset near the trail #8 crossover. Paul Fulcher of Orleans parks drove down and found the breach was 50 feet wide and three feet deep and could not cross it at low tide. At high tide it's 100 feet wide. This is right between two camp villages so if it were to stay that way and expand camps will be lost.

RIROCKHOUND
04-20-2007, 07:20 AM
John:
I was in N.C. Mon-Thurs, got back last night.
I'll try and post a summary/comparison w/ other storms etc.. I wasn't here my my colleagues and minions were all over the place this week so I have lots of intell, along with digital data as well.

Bryan

JohnR
04-20-2007, 07:34 AM
Thank you Dr Rocktologist :btu:

John:
I was in N.C. Mon-Thurs, got back last night.
I'll try and post a summary/comparison w/ other storms etc.. I wasn't here my my colleagues and minions were all over the place this week so I have lots of intell, along with digital data as well.

Bryan

johnny ducketts
04-20-2007, 08:15 AM
The jetty in woods hole near the fisheries building took a pounding
the end is almost totally gone. The first storm in december did the majority of the damage but this one pretty much demolished the end of it.. oh, well there goes my schoolie spot

Mike P
04-20-2007, 08:36 AM
Under today's bright sun, the Canal is still a silted brownish-green.

It's a little early to be throwing some jigs, but I'm anticipating a lot of new crap lining the bottom that got blown in from the Bay.