View Full Version : What do you all think?

Jenn
04-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Do you think the punishment was just? not enough? too much?

http://www.masslive.com/news/republican/index.ssf?/base/news-8/11762775745600.xml&coll=1

stripersnipr
04-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Seems like a little netting over the pools would've done the job.

mosholu
04-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Since he was aware what he was doing was illegal and that there was an alternative that would protect his hatchery I think that the sentence seems to be just. I would have added the additional requirement tp the sentence that the business install the proper netting.

Raven
04-17-2007, 05:34 PM
because anyone who is good with a rifle that has a scope on it...

can shoot the branch out from under a big bird.. enough to

send it packin without killing it. I'd rather he used some fire works

like bottle rockets which are cheap enough to purchase up north.

i think the fine should have been four times that amount or five years in jail.... so he'd serve what? one and a half.

all other private Hatcheries should be checked for similar situations now that this guys method was discovered.

MAC
04-17-2007, 05:35 PM
Doesn't seem like enough to me. Considering what the potential fine is for killing a piping plover....... (up to a 1/4 mil. if I remember correctly)

This guy was shooting all kinds of protected birds and got off cheap as far as I am concerned. Using a high powered rifle no less.

Jenn
04-17-2007, 05:40 PM
leading up to and during the trial it was in the paper at least once a week. It sickened me all the time. His fine was about what he would have had to spend on the netting so how is that punishment? the year in jail? big whoop......he got off way too easy if you ask me.....