View Full Version : Gas prices. Think we'll make....

ThrowingTimber
04-18-2007, 02:30 PM
5$ a gallon by the 4th of July?

striprman
04-18-2007, 02:55 PM
yep

fishpoopoo
04-18-2007, 03:00 PM
sure.

all we need is another nutbag korean to blow up an oil rig in the Gulf because his parents were pissed that he only scored a 1500 on his SAT's and got waitlisted at his first choice school.

slow eddie
04-18-2007, 03:11 PM
congress is up in arms at the latest surge in gas prices. the oil companies only spent 60 million last year in lobbying. let give till our elected represenatives have all the monies they need. only a 25% rise in prices, and not a hurricane in sight.

Fishpart
04-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Congress will take care of it, don't worry, the Dems are for the people...........

riverrat55
04-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Bush and his oil buddies will take care of it??? Yeh Right!!!
And Congress, those guys are heavy investors in oil, be they Republicans or Democrats!!!
$3.50 to $4.00 a gallon by July 4th is possible!!!

Andy D
04-18-2007, 06:21 PM
Heard on the radio today they are expecting the price to dropping because some of these rigs that were down for "Maintenance" are going to be comming back on line. So the price will drop alittle then just in time for the summer season it will spike or the other rigs that were not down for maintenance will do so. Wouldn't be surprised to see $4 or $5 / gal this summer. What can we do they got us by the short hairs.

BigFish
04-18-2007, 06:31 PM
Sounds like bull shiittee to me!:exp:

MAC
04-18-2007, 06:43 PM
Heard on the radio today they are expecting the price to dropping because some of these rigs that were down for "Maintenance" are going to be comming back on line. So the price will drop alittle then just in time for the summer season it will spike or the other rigs that were not down for maintenance will do so. Wouldn't be surprised to see $4 or $5 / gal this summer. What can we do they got us by the short hairs.

The worst part is they will blame the "repairs" on high prices trying to keep them there. Most businesses figure in repairs and maintenance costs into their "gross". If repairs cost a little more on a particular month it comes out of profits. But not in the oil industry. They know they can charge whatever they want and there is nothing we can do about it. We are chained to the gas pumps and they like it. Atleast that is how I see it. I may be way off base but I don't think so.

taJon
04-19-2007, 09:37 AM
Congress will take care of it, don't worry, the Dems are for the people...........

:rotf3: :rotf3: :rotf3: :rotf3:

boy do I wish that were the case. I think all politicians are there for themselves. wouldn't it be nice to see some with integritiy. When Duke Cunningham is in prison for accepting bribes there leaves little hope.

Katie
04-19-2007, 10:33 AM
if gas hits over 3.50/gallon , i'm riding my bike to school. i remember back in the day, not to long ago actually, the prices were $1.70, and we were all saying it was expensive. now we'd love for the price to be that low.

riverrat55
04-19-2007, 08:22 PM
How about a moped???
Those things will be making a comeback big time!!!

spence
04-19-2007, 08:24 PM
if gas hits over 3.50/gallon , i'm riding my bike to school. i remember back in the day, not to long ago actually, the prices were $1.70, and we were all saying it was expensive.
Katie, you're really showing your age :hee: :hihi:

-spence