View Full Version : "Big Fish Mentality"

Pete_G
04-19-2007, 10:46 AM
It's mostly schoolies for now, but it won't be long until the bigger fish arrive.

In keeping with that idea, here's a new article from Bill "#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&" Nolan:

Big Fish Mentality (http://www.saltwateredge.com/info/Big-Fish-Mentality.html)

Thanks again for the well written read Bill.

NIGHT STRIKES
04-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Thanks Pete,,
And Bill - excellent read... Thanks.,,,,,

fishsmith
04-19-2007, 01:18 PM
:kewl: Nice read, can't agree more with 'CONFIDENCE' !! The power of positive thinking is amazing.
Good note that learning the water might take years, ... you can't click click click your way to big fish.

The only misrepresentatin is: they're charts, not maps :hihi: (this was said countless time when I was in the Navy)

MarshCappa
04-19-2007, 03:00 PM
That was a very good article.

PaulS
04-19-2007, 03:25 PM
I have a big fish mentality with small fish results:blush:

Raider Ronnie
04-19-2007, 07:59 PM
Reading the title of this tread,
I was assuming this was going to be some kind of psychologist report of our own "Bigfish"
:laugha: :laugha: :laugha:

Just joking with ya Larry !!!

NIB
04-20-2007, 06:02 AM
Nice article.I like How Bill is a true believer of the KISS principle..
Keep It Simple Stupid..
His advice on learning ur own area's is very important.
Often times like he noted u will find a hidden treasure.Like a spot within a spot.Something u might not find if U did not put the time in.I have a few of these gems myself.I found it after a long night after all had left several yrs ago. .Last Yr I marked my calender for a prefered tide an time went there an got one 35 lbs on my first an only cast.I packed up an left,So's not to be seen.
Time on the water will help u to make the most of ur fishing time.
So many over complicate things.Myself included.I guess it is our nature.It was good to be reminded of this.When it all comes down to it it's just a fish.

MrHunters
04-20-2007, 07:01 AM
Bill, great read! I've never met you but from the article I gather you are years past your time.... Or however that saying goes.

I agree with fishsmith about the confidence thing.
Quick proof positive story. 2 night last year
Night 1 - Took out a couple buddies who, for one reason or another, were at odds with their signifigant others. You could tell the energy was not one of positivity and all night seemed to reflect that. Boils of fish everywhere but not one was landed that night.

Night 2 - (the next night) Brought another buddy out and before we left I asked if there was anything he needed to leave at the dock? He was good to go so we headed to my favorite spot. I explained that we shall have nothing but positive thoughts while fishing.... It is close to our only advantage. :) The fish know.! On the first pass I landed my biggest fish ever! Around 30 #'s.!

So the lesson learned here is leave it on land. It ain't gonna help when fishing :)

Thanks again Bill, got me excited for some big bass,

-MH

Vogt
04-20-2007, 08:07 AM
Good article. :)

EricM
04-20-2007, 05:06 PM
Nice read, and the picture holding the bass in both arms is crazy.