View Full Version : &^%$#@!

fishaholic18
04-20-2007, 01:23 PM
I had a few fence posts break in that wind storm we had so 2 or 3 sections of fence were laying down. As you know, I'm recovering from back surgery so I'm pretty much useless for a while. Well the fence had to be fixed so the dog can't get out. I ask my wife and son to go out there and see if they can rig it up temporarily until I can get back on my feet to fix it. Well after about a half hour or so, I decide to hobble out to the deck so I can see how they're doing. Well, I know she meant well, but my wife managed to tie up the fence with my brand new roll of CORK TAPE!!!!! Ya know, the rod building stuff....WTF!!:realmad:

reelecstasy
04-20-2007, 01:30 PM
omfg,

Dave, if you want, I would be willing to come down and lend a hand...
Can I nail it back in place with some SIC guides?

JohnR
04-20-2007, 01:36 PM
omfg,

Dave, if you want, I would be willing to come down and lend a hand...
Can I nail it back in place with some SIC guides?

Building Codes clearly state for the use of High Frame Hardloy. SIC is too brittle for use as a fence securing fastener... Unless it is ultra-light weight PVC fencing

fishaholic18
04-20-2007, 01:39 PM
Personally, I think she would have been better off using my Rod bond and Aftcote.:zup: :doh:

spence
04-20-2007, 01:41 PM
That's freaking FUNNY :rotflmao:

-spence

fishaholic18
04-20-2007, 01:43 PM

-spence
I didn't think so...:skulz:

ThrowingTimber
04-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Dave if you need a hand I can swing by and give you a hand with it after 5pm. Give me a call and let me know, I can also stop by early tomorrow morning and fix that up for you, I have to be on my way home by 1pm if its tomorrow. Candi and I have a wedding to go to, gimme a call and let me know.

stripersnipr
04-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Let me know if you need a coat of Flexcoat put on it.

spence
04-20-2007, 02:46 PM
I didn't think so...:skulz:
Oh, I'd be pissed if it were me.

But come on, the visual is killer :hihi:

If you were closer I'd come fit it properly :angel:

-spence

Raven
04-20-2007, 03:14 PM
unbelievable.....

but i do... :hs:

The Dad Fisherman
04-20-2007, 03:25 PM
I can see if I can dig up a Fence Post Spinner to help get rid ofthe sag.

I do have to say I laughed my a$$ off on this one

fishaholic18
04-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Oh, I'd be pissed if it were me.

But come on, the visual is killer :hihi:

If you were closer I'd come fit it properly :angel:

-spence

My back hurts worse now just from the added stress..http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/images/smilies/jail.gif

gone fishin
04-20-2007, 08:01 PM
My back hurts worse now just from the added stress..http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/images/smilies/jail.gif

This brings back memories -- I had my back done years ago and STILL remember the frustration of having my wife and at that time young kids trying to do my work. I learned to take the offer of help from friends to keep my sanity, but do laugh heartily at your situation. Keep us posted, but don't let her work on the vehicles.:pop:

fishaholic18
04-20-2007, 10:06 PM
This brings back memories -- I had my back done years ago and STILL remember the frustration of having my wife and at that time young kids trying to do my work. I learned to take the offer of help from friends to keep my sanity, but do laugh heartily at your situation. Keep us posted, but don't let her work on the vehicles.:pop:

At least I'm not the only one..:tooth: I think they are realizing now all the things I do that they never see. Maybe I'll be appreciated more....But maybe not..:laugha:

Clammer
04-20-2007, 10:52 PM
Dave ::

I,ll be around if ya want me to give it a try <>><:lm:

fishaholic18
04-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Dave ::

I,ll be around if ya want me to give it a try <>><:lm:

:laugha: :scream: :rotf3: :D :heybaby: :hee: :rotfl: :laughs: :chatter :biglaugh: :jester: :lm:

redcrbbr
04-21-2007, 01:13 AM

-spence

me too:hihi:

MAC
04-21-2007, 06:47 AM
Sorry Dave, but I got a chuckle out of that too. Atleast she didn't use any of the blanks as sticks to prop the fence back up :pop:

fishaholic18
04-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Sorry Dave, but I got a chuckle out of that too. Atleast she didn't use any of the blanks as sticks to prop the fence back up :pop:
LOL, good thing I have the blanks stored up high out of sight.
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h276/DianneOnly/tease.gif

Flaptail
04-22-2007, 10:08 PM
At least I'm not the only one..:tooth: I think they are realizing now all the things I do that they never see. Maybe I'll be appreciated more....But maybe not..:laugha:

Someone needs a hug. Hope the fish show what with threads like this.

Swimmer
04-23-2007, 11:07 AM
I was going to say what MAC said. I am curious is the fence still tanding upright?