View Full Version : Fishing the Piscataqua River Maine/New Hampshire

dragnfly14
07-26-2002, 05:07 PM
Hi Gang,

My wife, myself & the boss (sara my Golden Ret) went fishing today aboard The Dragnfly. Started on the Maine side and not even a nibble:confused: Switched to the NH side of the river and we only caught 6 stripers. As usual my wife out fished me:) She caught 4 fish (2 schoolies, 1 - 26" & 1 - 29") I caught 2 schoolies:confused: Not a real good catch today but it was still nice to be out on the water. Easterly wind all day kept us in the river. Sara kissed (licked) the fish and all release in fine shape.:p :( Did make contact with Topwater and we are going to fish tomorrow. Hopefully that East wind will go away so we can get outside. Will let you know.

dragnfly14
07-27-2002, 07:39 PM
Hi Gang,

WOW - My wife gave me a pass to fish 2 days in a row :D

Meet up with Topwater and we were on the water fishing about 6:00 AM. Fished the NH side of the river with no luck. Wanted to get outside to fish the boulder fields off York Harbor. SE winds kept the seas blowen up from yesterday so we went the other way. We headed south and Fished the rocks & holes off Rye, NH and had a pretty good day. Between Topwater & myself we landed & releases 22 stripers from schoolies to 29 inches (which Topwater caught). Two days in a row out fished in my own boat :smash: Had a great time fishing with Topwater and if anyone of you get the chance to fish with him do so. Good fishermen, good in a boat (not someone that makes boating hazardous) and very good company. He even got a chance to say something every once and awhile. - I'm a terrible motormouth. :D :D :D If all goes well we hope to fish again towards the end of August.

Hopefully I will connect with Bloocrab and Don this coming weekend.

Till next time - Catch a big one, call it bubba, give it a kiss and tell him to go and make more bubba's

dragnfly14

Topwater
07-31-2002, 08:36 AM
Dragnfly14,

Thanks for the invite. I had a great time. Sorry I havn't gotten back to you sooner. Work has been a killer, especially when I'll be out 11 days in August.

We had a very productive morning on the water and Dragnfly14 was a gracious host. I also got a history lesson on the Maine/N.H. area that we were fishing. If any of you have a chance to get to the Maine area try to get out with Dragnfly14 and he'll get you some fish.

Dragnfly14 I'll PM you before I make the trip up next time. It looks like the 3rd and/or the 4th weekends.

Thanks again,

Topwater

dragnfly14
08-04-2002, 09:41 AM
Hi Gang,

My wife and I fished Piscataqua River yesterday 8/3/02. Fished NH side of the river for 3 1/2 hrs and boated 21 fish. No real big ones 2- 29", 1- 26", 1- 24" the rest were schoolies. We fished the afternoon in coming tide. Was unable to get into some of our favorite spots due to a large number of rescue boats on the water. Someone found an overturned alum. boat in the river and the Coast Guard, Fire Depart., ME & NH DMR and Shipyard patrol boats were looking for poss persons in the water. Several Helicoptors in the air as well. As of lastnight they still dont know if anyone was in the boat or just a boat loose from its moring. Just like MA. there are bluefish off ME & NH coast. We were told that on Friday Bluefish were is the river all the way up to Great Bay. Over all had a good day on the water. Hope all of you had a good day as well. Till next time.