View Full Version : handicapped

shore manic
07-26-2002, 06:29 PM
i have a friend who as M.S. i've got him into fishing and was wondering if any one knew some spots that are accessible. he can only walk short distances as he is kind of unstable on his feet.he really enjoys striper fishing so i take him whenever i can i live in plymouth ma.but can travel north or south.if you know of any spots, thanks;)

JohnR
07-26-2002, 07:23 PM
Some MSBA members were working on a map of easier access, I'll see if I can find something...

Powder Point Bridge in Duxbury might be one place. The harbo behind the shops in Scituate, Hingham Harbor. South end of Nantasket depending on mobility. Pemberton Pier Hull. Nut Island Quincy (absolute zoo - amount of people - I'm told). Quonny Pond, RI, Salty Brine Park, Galilee, RI. Oakland Beach, RI. Colt State Park, Barrington RI.

About all I can think of at the moment, just woke up from pre-fihin' nap. Hope this helps as a start....

shore manic
07-27-2002, 08:50 AM
thanks john, i did see msba website before and gave a few spots i know of. sure would be helpfull to those that can't access certain areas.;)

thewaterfordstriper
07-28-2002, 01:17 PM
that is awesome shore. i too have ms except i am extremely lucky that i got on my meds quick enough so that i am able to work, fish etc when i want, for as long as i want. i wish you guys the best, i wish i knew some spots to send you guys where you are. there is the niantic river mouth by me which is has very easy access. take care and if there is anything i can do let me know.

brian :)

saltydawg
07-28-2002, 02:05 PM
I don't know about Mass or RI, but in CT the dep provides access including for wheel chairs at the DEP headquarters in Old Saybrook, CT. You may want to contact the MA DEP and see if they have any accessable areas they have constructed.

God luck.