View Full Version : Welfleet

#8Striper
07-27-2002, 07:03 AM
HI All,
A fishing buddy and I are heading to the cape next week to take the wives camping .. and oh by the way bring the small boat and lets do some great cape fishing...
So we have a 16 ft cuddy and are looking for recomendations for where to go. We will be camping in N. Turro so I was thinking Welflleet ... but any othre ideas will be very much appreciated.. also ahh where to go once we get there to find Stripers and Blues ... and what are the best baits to use .. we are used to chunking hearing in the Merrimack.
thanks

Pete

Van
07-27-2002, 09:59 AM
I have fished there a few times in the past.
First off just look for the fleet near Billingsgate shoal. but in an 16 footer they may be to far away (be safe), stay near shore and troll from the "path", which is just that,,,, an obvious path from the land down to the shore (nearer to wellfleet) to the river mouth in truro (I can't remember the name of the river). We trolled bucktails and swimmers and did OK (mostly blues).
I don't remember seeing anybody bait fishing.

Hope this helps, Good Luck.

l.i.fish.in.vt
07-29-2002, 09:17 PM
#8 striper you can launch right in truro. theres a state ramp on the pamet river, plenty of good fishing close by. gives you the option of heading towards Ptown or wellfleet.

#8Striper
07-29-2002, 10:32 PM
Thanks for all the info guys .. Im leaving tomorrow will let you know how we did Saturday

Pete:cool:

Van
07-30-2002, 07:40 AM
THAT'S IT!!!!!

PAMET RIVER, WHEW !!!

WE TROLLED FROM THERE TO THE PATH ON LAND (SEE MY EARLIER POST).

#8Striper
08-03-2002, 05:13 PM
Thanks to both of you for the help as a result we focused on the Pamet river area rather than Wellfleet which was farther away. I also stoped by a tackle shop in Provincetown "Nelsons" He showed us on a chart where the best spots to try might be and then sold us a couple of Umbrella rigs.
Well I have to say the blues chewed up those rubber shad fish in short order after which I snaged it on a rock and snap .. $30 at the bottom ..lol My buddy lost his too ..
BUt we seem to find that the blues would hit at anything swimming in the water and seem to be every where we fished. I was running deep dive rapalla. Didnt see any strippers though.
We didnt get to fish long since the wives decided they wanted to tag along and my buddys wife wanted to drive the boat .. well things didn't go to smoothly after that ..lol So in the end we only got about 3 hours of fishing in for 2 days and we boated about 7 blues in that time
NIce area though good fishing, calm waters, and warm enough to go for a swim when you get hot!! ..
I'll be back
Pete:p

l.i.fish.in.vt
08-04-2002, 07:48 AM
#8striper, glad to help out, thats my favorite area, going back down wedenesday and thursday, no boat this time, just beach fishing