View Full Version : fish aerator

Gunpowder
04-25-2007, 11:35 PM
looking to get a set up to maintain bait fish in the back of my truck in one of those huge igloo 150qt. coolers. any suggestions on type or brand of aerator to use that could either run on battery or car power? im sure some of u seasoned fisherman have the perfect set up just waiting to be shared :scream:

RickBomba
04-26-2007, 01:32 AM
Keepalive is the way to go.
Try running the leads to a seperate battery in the back.
PM me for details.
Later,
Rick

niko
04-26-2007, 04:29 AM
i've got a keepalive set up for a truck - i'll sell it to you for short money. pm me

JohnR
04-26-2007, 06:09 AM
Stay away from square or rectangular tanks or coolers because of the corners. Most bait fish get mashed up in the corners so you need something round or oval - I second the keep alives. What kind of bait

Gunpowder
04-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Stay away from square or rectangular tanks or coolers because of the corners. Most bait fish get mashed up in the corners so you need something round or oval - I second the keep alives. What kind of bait

john, mostly interested in seeing if i can get my hands on some snagged bunker or larger scup and fish with those sometime later. any suggestions for a round/oval tank?

JohnR
04-26-2007, 12:03 PM
john, mostly interested in seeing if i can get my hands on some snagged bunker or larger scup and fish with those sometime later. any suggestions for a round/oval tank?

The Keep Alive system - in fact, you might want to post a WTB request here or in the classifieds as many people have not used their tank due to the changes in Herring Regs...

striprman
04-26-2007, 12:14 PM
use a 44 gallon trash bucket

PNG
04-26-2007, 02:20 PM
You can BORROW my keep alive tank