View Full Version : NEW FASTECH T-TOP

BigPete
04-28-2007, 08:50 PM
I got tired of cooking in the mid day sun while trolling and also needed a place to put my new radar antanna so I had Fastech in N. Plymouth make this t-top for me this week. VHF and radar going on roof, radar display is getting flush mounted in the front of the console. I'll use the overhead for VHF, stereo and storage. They did a sweet job, I love the molded in spreader lights, bow light and console light (RED). Makes it seem like a different boat.

BigPete
04-28-2007, 08:52 PM
One more pic...................
http://home.comcast.net/~bigpete55/top2.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~bigpete55/top1a.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~bigpete55/top5a.jpg

JTnomad
04-28-2007, 10:45 PM
I am in the market for one for my 18" maycraft. May I ask what kind of $$$"s. I am considering purchasing one from a large retail joint...TY

JTnomad

Smokey14
04-29-2007, 04:45 AM
That's a sweet set up.

MrHunters
04-29-2007, 06:09 AM
looks awsome bigpete, wish i could afford them!

i was looking at their stuff at the boat show. They do a GREAT job with their fabrication.

JT, if i remember correctly, boat show price for a basic hard top t-top with all the lights was about $4600. IMO worth the money if you have it... I just dont :huh:

nightfighter
04-29-2007, 06:19 AM
looks awsome bigpete, wish i could afford them!

Believe it or not, a couple of boatyard folks have told me of owners who have opted to take the T top off....mostly fly guys. Might be worth checking with yards and dealers to get a couple of names. I'd be willing to bet their wives would love to get that sculpture out of their backyards... The trick is finding one that will fit your boat. I am going to walk the walk with the Grady before I go forward with a T. /i just want to be sure it won't limit room to fight the fish.

BigPete
04-29-2007, 07:17 AM
If anyone wants to flyfish they have plenty of room on the bow. I have a brand new 3 bow bimini that is navy blue and fits a boat with @8' beam if anyone is interested, $100. The top with the rocket launchers, lights, electronice box and radar mount was @$3750 and worth every cent, they did a great job on the fit and design. Dropped it off on Monday and picked it up on Saturday. Got the fever bad... have to get the radar on today and try for a quick run and get a few fish.

fishsmith
04-29-2007, 07:49 AM
The sun is a killer on long days, the difference shade makes is amazing. Looks great!!

Rick Ackley
04-29-2007, 07:55 AM
Tops are nice on those hot sunny days. Sure beat getting roasted out there. Mine extends a little farther back, sort of messes with casting, got to watch the directions, but like your's, leave the front wide open for whatever. You're going to love the tech's underneath also. I have my radio and GPS built into the box, makes for a better view and the sun never messes with the contrast. Congrats, it looks awesome.

missing link
04-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Pete,
The top looks sweet ,just what you wanted,looks like a different boat.
Link Sr

JohnR
04-29-2007, 04:25 PM
Looks sweet....