View Full Version : Aluminum Surf racks.

piemma
04-29-2007, 04:11 PM
Bought new from Goose Hummocks. $125.00

$75.00 OBO takes em. Need a couple of washers for the mounting holes due to a slight mishap on the Block sneaking into forbidden places. Thank you Mr. #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& for an awesome spot.

tattoobob
04-29-2007, 05:58 PM
a slight mishap on the Block sneaking into forbidden places. Thank you Mr. #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& for an awesome spot.

Paul we need to talk :scatter:

RIROCKHOUND
04-29-2007, 07:13 PM
Bob..
that spot never gets mentioned :D

tattoobob
04-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Funny you say that, it isn't to big of an island
I am also sworn to secrecy :faga:

Oh and Nebe :gorez: you forgot this

bobfishgerald
04-30-2007, 08:39 AM
Interested but I wonder if you would need a steel bumber to mount these or if whatever holds the plate on underneath a plastic bumper would do the job. I drive a staion wagon and I am getting sick of rods swinging around from all of the makeshift solutions I have tried to hold rods inside. Does anyone have any insights.

spence
04-30-2007, 08:53 AM
Can I mount that on the license plate holder on my Audi?

It's plastic, but it's that heavy duty ABC plastic.

:jump:

-spence

bobfishgerald
04-30-2007, 09:05 AM
Can I mount that on the license plate holder on my Audi?

It's plastic, but it's that heavy duty ABC plastic.

:jump:

-spence

Wow. FIrst you buy those Beachmasters, which I have been looking all over for some of but didn't see the post until after you got em and now you make fun of my question. :rotf3:

I know it seems sort of stupid but I don't know what is under that plastic and was wondering if anybodt knew and if I could drive some bolts into it.

I know the Surfcaster supposedly has something that fits on a plate holder that you can mount thier racks to but I don't knww that it actually works and besides I think this looks better,

RIROCKHOUND
04-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Bob:
had homemade on my explorer, but that was a plastic over aluminum bumper. I just drilled and bolted.

Rockport24
04-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Interested but I wonder if you would need a steel bumber to mount these or if whatever holds the plate on underneath a plastic bumper would do the job. I drive a staion wagon and I am getting sick of rods swinging around from all of the makeshift solutions I have tried to hold rods inside. Does anyone have any insights.

I got some good ideas.. I drive a wagon. I'll send a PM as I dont' want to hijack the thread.