View Full Version : Tuna and bluegill

Surf Hunter
05-01-2007, 09:31 AM
Had some fun lately, the tuna trollers are turned from IPE and tied in "Mean Joe Green" for Shannon and my upcoming trip to La Paz. They are crammed full of lead and are heavy as hell for a fast troll or slow deep troll for dorado, wahoo, anb tuna.
The mini pikie was just for the heck of it. Getting a sissy stick soon and thought some fly rod lures would be neat. I have some smaller ones turned but until we get a scroll saw, metal brake and some S/S sheet metal, no one has a stock lip small enough.
Hope ya like em.

ThrowingTimber
05-02-2007, 12:04 PM
love the feathers!! You gotta tell me how you talked shannon into doing down to la paz!! I gotta try that with candi! That baby pikie is going to torture the bluegill :hihi:

Surf Hunter
05-02-2007, 01:11 PM
love the feathers!! You gotta tell me how you talked shannon into doing down to la paz!! I gotta try that with candi! :hihi:
it was not easy, she hates really hot weather, but, my son turns the big 13 in Feb of 2008 so i figured for his official teenager B-day present I would do something very special. We decided on La Paz after talking to friends that use a service there (tail-hunter international) and love it. We figured out for a full week in La Paz with airfare, hotel, bait, 3 days fishing on a super panga (the other days will be fishing the surf) it is less then 3K for all three of us with airfare. Can't beat it.
But i think the kicker for Shannon was agreeing to Alaska in 2010:love: