View Full Version : U.S. Reel "SUPERCASTER"

fishonnelsons
05-02-2007, 07:12 AM
Anyone have the lowdown on these things?? "50% lighter, bigger spool, greater casting distance, good drag" - does it locate fish as well?

Boo-koo dollars being spent on advertising - magazines, mailings, and shows. Who ownes them, they must have $$$$.

Obvious questions - who really makes them, durability, parts, service, warranty, performance - anybody tried them yet?????

Pete_G
05-02-2007, 07:45 AM
Anyone have the lowdown on these things?? "50% lighter, bigger spool, greater casting distance, good drag" - does it locate fish as well?

Boo-koo dollars being spent on advertising - magazines, mailings, and shows. Who ownes them, they must have $$$$.

Obvious questions - who really makes them, durability, parts, service, warranty, performance - anybody tried them yet?????

Right now "small" is the initial thought most will have when they see them. Then "plastic" when they feel them. I held one and not only is the biggest one tiny it felt fragile. But, I haven't fished one or anything so my impression of the reel doesn't go beyond that.

The rep did say they're bringing out a bigger one eventually, and I think that's when it'll get interesting for the saltwater fisherman. The current line up seems biased to freshwater and very light tackle saltwater.

djfishes
05-02-2007, 09:18 AM
i bought one a week ago the 240 XL... I caught a 25" inch bass with it yesterday... not a monster but it a good ultra light fight. I will tell you this NO WIND KNOTS so far.. I use braid and this is the primary reason that this reel was created. I was in the keys the first time that I had seen it and a guy was fishing off the boat we were on ( guided Tour) catching pig red fish on it. The 240 XL is a little heavier and my primary reason for buying this one was that it feels more durable. I love the way it cast .... like it states a country Mile. It is smooth and i did have a lose drag on it yesterday while catching and the drag was smooth as well. You can pick up the 240XL at Boaters world in Warwick. I know they have them becasue when i went there to check one out they didn't have it in stock. I contacted the VP of USReel and she sent all 9 of them to boaters world to me. I would be more then happy to meet somone on the shore so that they may check it out. I love it. the one that I purchased has a brass ball bearings in it. the warranty is a one yr extended i purchashed the extend for $34 at boaters world ( this includes upgrades too). I have given it alot of hard throws with various plugs and it launches soft plastics farther then anything that i have ever used.
The plastic on the 230 sx is actuatlly carbon fiber according to the manufacturer

djfishes
05-02-2007, 09:40 AM
i will keep reporting on this as i use it

5 String Bass
05-02-2007, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the report, I've been wondering about these as well. Seems like a good reel for throwing plugs considering it's weight.

djfishes
05-02-2007, 09:57 AM
launched them.. i have been using the tsunami shads and i launches the as well

djfishes
05-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Where are you from?