View Full Version : epoxy

jomlt9@AOL.COM
05-03-2007, 09:02 PM
rattle canned a few floresent colors and my epoxy ran from the paint? is it the pigment in the flo colors? and I didnt use a clear coat? I hear capesman is the rattle can master any help? would a clear coat help? thanks

stripercrazy
05-04-2007, 06:09 AM
don't know why a pigment would do it, all paint got pigments...can ya post a photo:hee: interesting

numbskull
05-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Something is in the paint or on the plugs that interferes with the adhesion of the epoxy. I had major problems with this last year, I couldn't get System three clear coat epoxy to stick to Krylon clear. Either change your paint, or change your epoxy. Be sure your plugs are clean (don't handle after painting or wipe with alcohol), be sure there isn't silicone (release agent) in what ever you are mixing your epoxy in/with.

Charleston
05-04-2007, 11:06 AM
I don't know what it is that lays on the surface of flourescent paints but I have had the same problem. The epoxy will "fish eye" on flourescents.
Give them a light scratch coat of clear and hit that with your epoxy once it dries well.
I rattle can all my plugs as well and I can have a 20 plug run going with only a couple flourescent colors in the mix. I get the fish eye problem on only the flourescents!!
Good luck with them.

jomlt9@AOL.COM
05-04-2007, 06:09 PM
thanks guys its semms to only do it fish eye on the flo colors same brand in flat is fine hit it with a second coat of epoxy and looks okay the fish don't care i will try the clear on one to see the differents Lakewood huh? I should swing bye one day but u know the fishing has been good the last 3 days

afterhours
05-04-2007, 06:15 PM
...let them dry thouroughly if you use krylon and you should be fine.

tattoobob
05-04-2007, 06:17 PM
I had the same problem this year with Flo. Green I just clear coated and problem went away

jomlt9@AOL.COM
05-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks Don I hear u were down my way last week

afterhours
05-04-2007, 06:33 PM
Thanks Don I hear u were down my way last week

i was, it was nice down there- will return soon....

jomlt9@AOL.COM
05-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Don I know these guys down here love ur plugs Paul hooked u up with some blanks huh he is a great guy

afterhours
05-05-2007, 05:37 AM
paul and his store are top shelf! i got three blanks from him....now if i can just find an allstar 1087......