View Full Version : Chatham Trip

MarshCappa
05-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Thanks to everyone that pointed me in the right direction for our anniversary weekend. We couln't have enjoyed ourselves more. We spent 4 hours on the water Sat afternoon in beautiful sunny blue skies with very little wind and flat pond like seas. We covered a lot of ground and even managed to chase a few schools for a couple of hours. My wife hooked a couple of schoolies and was thrilled! Sunday was much windier and cold so we did some shore fishing and actually found a sweet spot that was producing nicely. All in all a great weekend and we couldn't have had a better time. Thanks to Captrobbie, Capesams, Sluggoslinger & Sgt Nutz!

MrHunters
05-07-2007, 12:00 PM
congrats MC! sounds like you got a helluva woman there. enjoys time OTW and Fishing!

looks like a great couple of days too!

Sluggoslinger
05-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Glad you had a good time. Its a beautiful place.

kippy
05-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Hey marshcappa, I think I saw you out there Saturday. I was in the Edgewater. We did better inside the river. Very slow closer to the inlet. Did see a school a bunker though but they were moving fast and didn't have a chance to snag any.

MarshCappa
05-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Hey marshcappa, I think I saw you out there Saturday. I was in the Edgewater. We did better inside the river. Very slow closer to the inlet. Did see a school a bunker though but they were moving fast and didn't have a chance to snag any.

Yea when we were in the channel heading out front I marked a huge school on the finder, we stopped threw some lines out but nothing. Had to be bunker. We did better out front and actually worked top water schools that popped up every so often. It was fun to be hunting again. Yesterday I was catching schoolies every other cast for 45 minutes. I basically left cuz it felt like I was catching the same fish over and over again! But man did it feel good to be down there. What a great place! Oh yea saw squid yesterday too, they were playing with my shad when I bounced it off the bottom right to the shore. Kinda cool to see them.

kippy
05-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Sounds like you had a great day. I will be down there again in a few weeks and plan on heading out into the sound to see if I can find something other than schoolies.

Sgt_Nutz
05-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Hey there, glad you two had a good time. I think we are going to make a tradition of it and spend our anniversary on the water tomorrow. Friends ask what we did for our anniversary and think we are nuts when we tell them. Hmmmmm, thus the name I guess.

I fish out of Plymouth when it picks up, we'll have to get together. 80 degrees this week, it shouldn't be long!

Bob