View Full Version : Mail prices

ProfessorM
05-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Monday prices at the post office will be going up, a lot. I mail plugs in bubble packages and the guy told me they will probably triple in price on Monday from say 90 cents to almost 3 bucks. They are all going up UPS USPS and Fed Ex. Anything a machine can't read, like un flat , lumpy packages will be a lot more expensive. Flat stuff will go up but not as much.

Skitterpop
05-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Wonderful :wall:

You working on any inflatables?

fishaholic18
05-10-2007, 03:30 PM
http://www.usps.com/prices/
^%$#@!

Raven
05-29-2007, 04:34 AM
:bshake: no kidding....i went to over-night mail something

and the price was not do-able on my budget...:err:

so i had to choose the less expensive alternative.

fishpoopoo
05-29-2007, 09:50 AM
welcome to inflation-land. :tooth:

spence
05-29-2007, 10:55 AM
9 bucks for a flat rate Priority Mail box? :yak:

-spence

Raven
05-29-2007, 10:59 AM
many moons ago when we had the pony express delivery system....

nobody had lawns of grass at each house.... or business

but now we do!... :think: so a pony driven cart could haul mail around
with an endless supply of grazing available....(think free renewable fuel)

especially the houses for sale that haven't sold ...
and the grass
is a foot high... :rolleyes:

Skitterpop
05-29-2007, 12:03 PM
Shipped some larger bubble envelopes and it was only pennies away from priority so I went with that with confirmation.

I will sorely miss the .67 one plug envelope

Nebe
05-29-2007, 12:09 PM
I sent one of the guys that works for me to the UPS store to pick up 10 12x12 boxes and one small bag of peanuts-

$50.

i took it back and will never go there agian. thats rediculous.

parker23
05-29-2007, 02:21 PM
The new fees coupled w/ a complete re-engineering of mail handling machinery/classifications has been a daily concern for my industry. I own a mail processing business that partners w/ USPS in the work-share program.

Our function is to produce mail that is more efficient for the PO, saving them $$$ in materials handling, mailpiece processing and logistics. We are able to pass postage savings to our customers for our “work-share”. FY 2006 we prepared 14 million pieces of mail/packaging. Postage savings $2.6 million.

The problem lies with our “masters” in Washington. A new commission was formed to re-invent the USPS. The commission is comprised of legislative reps, USPS reps and other folks that are in the know.

Well USPS needs more $$$, produces 20-50 (40 foot trailers) full of documentation (paper) describing their needs. So, the really smart people on the board need to review, amend, or approve. It just so happens that several Political Action Committees (PAC’s) have $$$ from their really smart friends UPSss, Fred-Rex, DHLMNOP... (names changed for protection of the innocent).

So all the really smart people collectively decide that the USPS should be granted as much as 50% increases in some rate categories and classifications.

Bottom line is:

More red-tape for the really smart people in DC to hide behind.

Increase cost of business for all mailers, including nonprofits, small/BIG business and
the consumer.

Gloucester2
05-30-2007, 09:44 AM
You the guy that's been sending me all that crap mail? :jester:

Skitterpop
05-31-2007, 12:05 AM
to ship a 7500 Nautil to California today.... priority and confirmation.

:bshake: .............................:rollem:

Joe
05-31-2007, 08:33 AM
Skitter - Get yourself some flat rate boxes - delivery to CA with confirmation = $8.95 - as much as you can stuff into it....

Eben - Call Miller Box at 289 Kilvert St in Warwick....739.7020
Jeferson Blvd Exit....

The post office figured they could raise the prices because the competition was so much higher - so they did. I'm surprised they did not do it two years ago.
Still - way cheaper than the competition...
Two pound package RI to Long Island via USPS = $4.60
Two pound package RI to Long Island via UPS = $8.06

Nebe
05-31-2007, 10:46 AM
Joe i usually use National Packing supply out of Pvd.. they deliver and the are cheap, but have a minimum order for delivery.. it was a convienence thing to go to UPS.... never agian. :hs: