View Full Version : Plymouth area recommendations?

JohnR
08-01-2002, 10:33 AM
I'll be boat fishing with some of the guys from work on Saturday morning and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for that area - say, the Canal to North River - boat is a fuel hog, otherwise we'd travel to areas I know :eek5:

Thanks...

Saltheart
08-01-2002, 12:05 PM
Talk to Mike T or his father.

Slipknot
08-01-2002, 12:44 PM
If it were me, I'd launch in Sandwich marina and hit Scortons ledge then Billingsgate and Barstable area.

If that's too far for ya you can try the rocks around Ellisville.

Have fun John:happy:

Canalratt1
08-01-2002, 01:28 PM
John what Slip says! Where are you launching?

fishsmith
08-01-2002, 01:30 PM
What are you targeting??
For Fluke the mud flats in kingston (heading towrd cordage park)are good, so is the channel north of Clarks Is.
Stripers have been touch and go, but the gurnet is full of rocks and it gets deep fast towrd the channel, so thats always a good try, I don't know the draft of your boat so be careful if you go in tight.
high pines should be holding all the blues you need for steady action. I haven't been over to the power plant, but trolling outside the buoy line might produce some fish (f***ing terrorists).Good luck!!
Also try jigging sabiki rigs around bartlett rock to the bell buoy outside of Brant rock for some pollack as bait, if you get them, in front of the trailer park has produced good fish too.
If the boat gets thirsty, there are gas docks in Plymouth, Bayside marine Dux, and Green Harbor.

JohnR
08-01-2002, 01:43 PM
Slip & C-Ratt - that's an option but some of the guys from work are non-fishers and are giving me the evil eye about first light.

Fishsmith - primarily targeting Stripers & Blues. Fuel is an issue and not an issue. The boat is moored in Duxbury and has 300 gals of fuel, but the boat has a tendency to BURN a lot of it :eek: . So the issue is more that I don't want his bank broken on fuel :p

Van
08-01-2002, 02:14 PM
Maybe head for the Minot's light area its pretty close.

Anchor the boat near the rocks, turn the radio on,
shoot the s**t have a couple coldies, chum and chunk fish.
The only prob is I don't know how the fishing has been in that location, but at least its minimal fuel.
Good Luck
V

JohnR
08-01-2002, 02:37 PM
Van - That's probably 100+ Gallons Round Trip for this boat 33 foot, twin screw fish express. Burns mucho gaso from what he tells me.

That's an area I somewheat now - as well as what's north of that (but I'm sworn to near secrecy :eek5: )

Slipknot
08-01-2002, 02:38 PM
First light? big deal, Ox just posted on the other site that yesterday his buddy got a 48" bass on a bare tube with no worm after several 20's :eek: in the middle of the day :eek:

Just go and have fun, shoot the bull and drag tubes and worms down deep and reel them in:happy:

Van
08-01-2002, 03:09 PM
John:
I didn't know it was that far from Duxbury, Oh well.

Sworn to NEAR secrecy, Hmmm.
How can we loosen that up a bit???
Maybe have to get you into my rig and nearly go
to the near secret places!! :eek:
I wont tell...;)

Canalratt1
08-02-2002, 04:00 PM
John the fish were there all day, but try the rockpiles south of the power plant.

shore manic
08-02-2002, 07:21 PM
john, i don't have a boat but have fished that area for 20 years withs friends. i'm willing to bet if you troll out of duxbury to mouth of north river there's fish somewhere on the way.200 to 300 yards offshore if that.watch the charts and check depths. if ihad seen your thread earlier i could have made some calls and hopefully put you on the fish! by the way that cove at the trailer park is named blue fish cove. from the sub tower to rexhame blues used to chase pogies right up on the beach. a few times they needed front end loaders to get the pogies of the beach. good luck and just being out on a boat again would make my day!:happy: