View Full Version : Casting Clinic

JohnR
05-11-2007, 05:56 AM
We have two open spots for tomorrow morning for a casting clinic near the canal. If you are interested shoot me a PM...

Thanks,

John

JohnR
05-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Last Call for Casting Clinic by Big Dave - 9am at the Ditch - location via PM :hee:

Megabyte
05-12-2007, 05:54 PM
A big thanks to Big Dave.

Great time and good to meet everyone.

gone fishin
05-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Wow some rocket launchers in action today.. I had a chance to see them in person. Ron Arra eat your heart out!!!!:rotf2:

JohnR
05-13-2007, 07:31 AM
Big thanks to Big Dave :btu:

This guy knows how to cast AND he knows how to teach casting ! Totally able to break down the cast into a few well defined points and offer tips and tricks.

I knew I had deficiencies in my cast but I was not as aware as I thought I was :tooth:

Thanks to every one coming down :btu: and thenks to the D&D lady for the curdled cream :wall:

Fishaddict
05-13-2007, 11:40 AM
Big thanks to Dave for taking the time out of his busy schedule to come down and help us all out. Like John said, Dave is great at breaking down the mechanics of the cast into select steps and then helping you put them all together slowly. Everyone was able to take away something that will help them become a better caster. Made HUGE strides in my ability to throw the long rod. Now its practice.. practice... practice..

BasicPatrick
05-14-2007, 12:46 AM
I was up the street at the MBBA Scussett Beach Project laying out some Boardwalk and outting up Snow Fence. I stopped by after but you were all gone at that point. I wouyld have liked to see Dave but can;t complain as I am fishgin with another casting legend on the outer banks in a week and a half.

Big Dave
05-14-2007, 10:26 AM
It seemed that a really good time was had by all that attended. It always was nice to see what a difference a few tips can make to the end of everyones cast. Glad we did and thanks to John for making it happen. For those that were unable to make it, when you see me around the canal and you feel like working on your cast. Just say hello and if time allows I will do what I can to help you out. Thanks again to John for all he does. Cheers Big Dave

timf
05-14-2007, 01:32 PM
John - Thanks for setting this up.

Dave - Thanks for putting this on. Even though I was unable to stay just the brief talk you gave shed a lot of light on things. Heading to MV this coming weekend so will take what you said and hopefully put it in good practice. If I see you at the canal I will definately bug you if you have time.

There was sure some nice abu laden candy among the group :drool: