View Full Version : More info on MSBA Charity Boat & Shore Tournament

JohnR
08-01-2002, 03:34 PM
Here is the info:

http://www.striped-bass.com/msbatourney2002.shtml

Just so people know, Striped-Bass.com, AveMariaCharters, & M&D's Bait and Tackle are all sponsors :btu:

And Fisherwoman won it last year, time she gets kicked off her rock :laughs:

Van
08-01-2002, 09:00 PM
I'm in.....
Should be a good time for all.
:happy:

Of course I catch fish right up to the day b4 the tourny, and then again right after....LOL:laughs: :laughs:

JohnR
08-06-2002, 08:52 PM
And a link to the previous thread: http://www.striped-bass.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3566&highlight=msba

BasicPatrick
08-08-2002, 12:55 AM
Finally,

The Tee Shirts, registration flyers amd posters are being delivered to all registration locations on Thuirsday and Friday of this week. I f you want a Tee Shirt you must be one of the first 250 registrants..we have heard that one shop has a list of 35 waiting already

JohnR
08-08-2002, 07:16 AM
So everyone knows, Striped-Bass.com Sponsors Mike @ M&D's in Wareham, and Ron @ The Sportsman's Den in Quincy are also sponsors and weigh stations for the MSBA Tourney...

Now while the boaters may have an edge, 2 of the years was won by a shore fellow....

BEETLE
08-08-2002, 01:14 PM
OK - Its Just an hour before Basic Pat, Mike, and I will head out delivering the stuff to the shops. The 3 other committee members, and I have worked VERY hard this year to make this tournament the best ! Everybody PLEASE get out and register !! (And tell your friends)
Bear in mind this is a CHARITY tournament for the Childrens Burn Center - the more who enter, the more successful the tournament, and the more $$$ goes to the KIDS !! For the $25. reg. fee ($15. for juniors) the first 250 get a t-shirt, time for some comraderie at the awards ceremony and raffle Sunday and a dandy excuse to go fish all weekend !!! (well worth the $25. fee ! )
REGISTER - and get out and have some fun !!! ;)
The Beetle

Van
08-08-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by BEETLE
a dandy excuse to go fish all weekend !!!

Yea !!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: ;)

shore manic
08-08-2002, 06:22 PM
where is the closest place to plymouth i can register? i don't drive but have a friend who will take me!

BEETLE
08-08-2002, 08:44 PM
Hey Van, Don't get stuck workin that weekend ;) Get out there with your boy so he can whoop dads butt !
Shore Manic - you have North River in Pembroke, TCs in Halifax, One Shot in Sagamore Beach, M+D in Wareham. Just Follow John R's link to the MSBA website for details. Wait until late tomorrow or Saturday to register to insure that we have the forms delivered first (which will be finished tomorrow) :happy: :happy:
Take Care

BEETLE
08-08-2002, 08:58 PM
Sorry - forgot to add in - Tropicland Marine was left out as a weigh station in error (printer's fault - not us ;) ) they will be a weigh station for this tournament. Thanks to Karen and Larry at Tropicland for their understanding and generous donation. :)

Van
08-12-2002, 08:44 AM
Beetle:

There is NO WAY they are gonna get me into work that weekend.
I will kick and scream like a 4 yr. old at the toy store !!!!;)

It should be a great time. I will be fishing all three days as much as possible .:D

I hope the weather cooperates.

BasicPatrick
08-17-2002, 07:05 AM
Well folks,

We have 1 week left to register and reports say 1/2 the Tee Shirts are left. Please get out and register. The $ is going to a great cause and the prizes are great. I am putting the tackle packages to gether today and each bag looks to be worth at least $100, not including the listed prizes like a rod or reel for 11-20th places. Tell your friends, tell your neighbors, tell some stranger at the tackle shop, and hell, tell some stranget at the doctors office, supermarket, and gas stations.

Patrick

Brooksie
08-19-2002, 01:41 PM
Say I catch a striper Friday night after the bait shops are closed, can I bring it in Sat morning and still get credit for Friday or do the fish have to be turned in same day?

Big Vern
08-19-2002, 01:56 PM
I was wondering the exact same thing.

Also, are there still t-shirts left if I register today? Do they have them at the shops or do we get them some other way?

JohnR
08-19-2002, 03:32 PM
Brooksie - fish for Friday would need to be wieghed in Friday. You don't need to register a fish every day, the only fish counted will be the largest one you weigh in. It would be nice to have a shop open late til say 11pm or so and maybe that's something that will happen at a future tourney....

Don - the shirts are available at the bait shops where you register, if you're "big-boned" like me and Cartman (and the Tourney Staff other than Beetle :D ), you might have a tough time getting a XXL or better :D but otherwise, they are there. I'm going to register tonight at Ron's.

beachin3
08-19-2002, 07:32 PM
2 more in me and my buddy jhon are teaming up this weekend we just got back from registering nice t shirts cant wait till fri well good luck guys may the best chunk win but know matter what the kids are going to win and thats whats important

BEETLE
08-19-2002, 09:33 PM
In response to the previous posts:
*Brooksie - ditto what John R said about the weigh ins.
*Don'a Corleone ---T-shirts -- no problem'a
*JohnR - I like the way the BIG BOYS order shirts - I can get two for the price of one !!:D
*beachin3 - thanks - you da man !!

JohnR
08-20-2002, 10:10 AM
"may the best chunk win" - hmm, never been "Eel Whipped" before, eh?

OK, that didn't sound right. Well, the battle of Eels -v- Chunks might just happen :D

Big Vern
08-20-2002, 10:42 AM
I have a feeling the winner will come on a tube-n-worm.

BasicPatrick
08-20-2002, 11:12 PM
Boys, Boys, Boys,

You just don't get it do ya. In the words of a not so famous rap artist named coolio. "It's live, live, all the way live", Pogies, that is. It's official, the combined 700+ pound heavyweights of team Ave Maria will not split up and challenge each other for this one. Henry and Italo (aka Mike & Mike) and the Big Dog himself, Basic Patrick will once again bring a barrell of the good stuff to their favorite spots. We shook the jinx last year and now just have to go out and win the whole damn thing. Yeah, we might throw the hook, but damn when we chunk we cut the peice from a live bait. The boys hate it when I get cocky, but a little competition never hurt anyone, as long as it is done in good fun.

Seriously, I am looking forward to a really great Tournament and hope everyone takes things safe and sound over the weekend. I also need to thank the people who have stepped up and worked their butts off to get the word out in support of this event. Who ever said the fisherman were lying, secretive, loners that care about nothing but preserving the best locations for themselves.

By the way, we will be fishing in a Blue 29 foot Fountain called Rock On and you should all feel free to anchor up in our chum slick and .....OK sorry guys, ther I go again.

Canalratt1
08-21-2002, 11:28 AM
Hate to put a damper on your theory but tube and worm will come through!;) Hopefully the team of Ratt and Racks can find the fish again in the bay. I'm not going out till Sunday but Racks will have it birddogged by then. Hey good luck to everyone and be safe! Oh wher is the closest place to sign up from Weymouth? I know Sportsmans Den but is there any other local places?

BasicPatrick
08-21-2002, 05:21 PM
Monahans and For River are also Registration locations

Patrick

BEETLE
08-21-2002, 09:19 PM
Hmmmm,
so a little friendly competiiton is healthy they say.... OK i'll bite... although the Team Ave Maria will remain intact this time around -- lets see how their newest "student" fares against them on Saturday and Sunday :eek:

If the student hasn't learned - the teacher hasn't taught :smash:
lets get ready to rumble ;)

AveMariaCharters
08-21-2002, 09:42 PM
I TAKE THAT AS CHALLENG bettle:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: SMASHSMASH

BEETLE
08-21-2002, 09:44 PM
Ya better hope I don't win the keep-alive :eek:

AveMariaCharters
08-21-2002, 09:46 PM
I HOPE YOU DO:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

BEETLE
08-21-2002, 09:48 PM
Ya - save the big $$ stuff - for the big dogs !!! :happy:

AveMariaCharters
08-21-2002, 09:52 PM
ARE YOU PLANNING TO CATCH YOUR WINNING FISH ON FRIDAY ?
IF SO ANY WINNERS ON MY BOAT SPLIT HALF THE PRIZE WITH ME

BEETLE
08-21-2002, 10:10 PM
Fair enough - Also I don't think we catch the fish -- I think they catch us ?? $$$$

BasicPatrick
08-21-2002, 10:22 PM
Hey Partner, (Mike),

Sounds like its time to humble the new guy. Beetle, one of the Mikes used to be an exterminator......Beetle....too bad

did you hear that Beetle... the noise is the sound of impending doom...SPLAT !!!!...no more Beeetle

PAtrick

JohnR
08-22-2002, 07:06 AM
Beware of the Orkin Man :laughs: :bshake:

Hey Little Mike, can I borrow the your boat while your at the wedding? I need to spray Skeeter Repellent in your livewells and under the hull...

Thanks....

29 Fountain My A$$ :D .... More like small Mako, but it smells like fish....

Canalratt1
08-22-2002, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the info. TUBE AND WORM! Unless the tuna get in the way we'll be looking for large!