View Full Version : woodshole n the islands

stiff tip
05-13-2007, 04:35 AM
fished w/ friend out of fal harbor on sat 530 am . puffin 15 to 20 ne but the seas not bad... started in w-h water temp was 63 to 64 . fished at red can at ledge n drifted west fishin around w/ plugs , sm fish to 26in only a few. move and explore. 1 other boat fishin the hole w/ plgs. we fish all the out crops of rocks and aggies fron w-h to lackies cove@ the nudist camp. 3 more sm 1 to about 26in. water temp @ 62 ,wind is now howlin steady @ 25ne . so we fish back to w-h , w/2-3 more hits sm 1....water temp @ hole is stedy @ 64 .. headed back @ nobska point to fish , no way to puffy, so a lumpy ride back to fal habor all toll a great day .........imo.... 1 more warm wk...:soon: ...also wish i had some live herrin !!!!!!:wall:

numbskull
05-13-2007, 05:06 AM
Moderate NE in May is hardly primetime for the islands. In my experience, they don't usually get going until mid to late June after the better bait has moved out of the sound (though this year the squid seem to be elsewhere). Until then, the shoals are usually better. I did , though,see a nice school of large bunker in Buzzards Bay near WH yesterday............hope they hang around :drool:

stiff tip
05-13-2007, 05:21 AM
had to get out ... ns. it was nasty but nice ... i was told that pogies are in ..... and lots are in the bays already..... man i hope they stick around... also lots of squid around ...i think its time ....i,m headed to the canal ....now .... back later

Moses
05-13-2007, 06:05 AM
I saw a few boats fishing in Woods Hole yesterday ~730-8am. One was in the center and the other was exploring close to shore along the Elizabeths. I came thru with my brother, went thru heading to Middle Ground but it was just too nasty.

I launched in Bourne and was working my boat (first time out this year) and scouting some. Only fish we caught we back near the west end of the canal.

Flaptail
05-13-2007, 11:18 AM
I just saw a guy walking across a road with a fish of about 25lbs in his hand and his rod in the other with a metal lipped swimming plug attached. My daughter saw him first and said," Hey Dad, look at that guy!":uhuh: