View Full Version : Im gonna start posting reports

gilligan
08-01-2002, 08:51 PM
i usually go out at least twice a week and i like to frequent squantum(long island), brewster islands and areas around hull gut. i hope to give some quality reports but cannot guarentee results. what i can promise is i will report about every day i go out. i havent had much of a catch this year but i/we fish just about every method possible so ill let you know where and when. i think that sould be a forum"Where and When" hey good luck and godspeed too all.

Van
08-01-2002, 09:05 PM
ms:

Hail on 69.
What kind/color is your boat, i've probably seen you out there already.
You are fishing in the same locations I frequent.
We have had good fishing all season so far, and I for one am always willing to share info with others. The same has been done for me.

My boat name is Karavi...
I go out almost every weekend for 1 day and mostly tuesdays during the week,when my buddy is off work.

V

Mr. Kav
08-02-2002, 07:20 AM
I too fish those waters, I monitor 69 as well and am out most weekends. I will have a boat load of people this saturday and noone that knows anything about fishing but they would like to see a fish and I will be doing a long drift with live bait that I will be hoping to catch in the morning. Hey Van give me a shout if you are out on saturday I will do the same.

Kav's Catch

Van
08-02-2002, 07:28 AM
Kav:
I got roped into working this week (supposed to be on vaca).
I may have to work tomorrow also..
If not I will be out there.
I have been getting live pollack at the stick, got some on Wednesday this week (my only day off),.:af:
I fished thieves but NADA, did better at allerton and brewsters.

Brooksie
08-02-2002, 12:37 PM
Hey Van, we have an 18' Starcraft, it's white and green. We'll be out there tonight and thanks for any info shared, we've had better luck on shore.:af:

Van
08-02-2002, 12:57 PM
Brooksie:

Just wondering..
Who is we?,, you and ms5712, he said we too ??
Do you go out in a buddy's boat, or is that your boat/his boat?
I'm confused.
Let me know.

Brooksie
08-02-2002, 01:09 PM
MS5712 and I bought the boat together. We've always fished together and this year we figured we'd up the stakes so we split the boat. Cheaper with two people sharing in the expense.:D

Van
08-02-2002, 02:16 PM
OK I got it, thats cool.:cool:

My vessel name is Karavi, what was yours?

Monitor 69. Call either vessl name or SB SB SB.....

schoolie monster
08-02-2002, 02:55 PM
I'll be out very early am... probably start off over by the airport and winthrop. I want to be over there at first light.

I'll be picking up my wife, daughter and her friend around high tide (7:30-8am). I want to drift worms and clams over in Quincy Bay, Nut I. and Peddock's I. hoping for small blues and schoolies.

I'll monitor 69, but will likely stick way inside 'cause of the kids. Probably be off the water by 10-11am.

Best of luck to all you guys.

gilligan
08-02-2002, 03:03 PM
ill start monotiring 69.

Gus
08-03-2002, 08:44 AM
I have heard of people referring to the stick....where in Boston Harbor is it located? Or is it code for a secret spot??

Brooksie
08-03-2002, 11:05 AM
Skunked again last night. Van...HELP!!!!!

Went out around 7:30pm and hit Georges, Deer Island, Long Island, Nut Island and Kings Cove using fresh Herring, eels and sea worms. Not even a bite. This boat is a curse, I've caught one 28" Striper on my first trip on the boat and have been skunked ever since.:af: :af: :af:

Van
08-04-2002, 10:16 AM
I never got out yesterday (sat) till the evening.
It was a SLOW night. I didn't get anything worth mentioning.:af:
My buddy was on his way in as I headed out, I will find out from him what happened in our usual spots on saturday (day).
Oh yea did pick up a lobster trap line in the prop at about 11pm in pitch dark. What an ordeal, my son got nervous, but i managed just fine and we were on our way in 10-15 mins. no damage.

Gus:
The stick is hardings ledge off nantasket from pt. allerton, there is a big pole sticking out of the water "THE STICK".

Brooksie:
Don't feel too bad, it happens.
Sounds like you did everything right, gotta keep trying spots and techniques, it will happen. Are you throwing bait into the rockpiles?

I will be taking a couple of day off this week for EARLY MORNING/DAYTIME fishing.
If anyone will be out there let me know. (tuesday for sure)
It should produce.

How did you other guys make out??
Schoolie ?????Catch some fish with the kids???

Mr Kav???????

Mr. Kav
08-05-2002, 06:08 AM
Went out saturday with 3 couples none who fish, in what i consider flat calm water. well I anchored up on a spot to get some live bait and hooked one almost immediately. i had the anchor out and was going to get some more to put in the live well to head offshore a little bit for a long deep drift. well i through out the live bait while we tried to get some more and the wives of the friends i brought on the boat were feeling seasick. well just as one of the girls started to say she really needed off the boat i get a screamer on the live bait. i set the hook and handed the rod to the one of my friends ( the one who's wife needed off ) he did well landing a 19lb striper. after that i had to pull anchor and head in.

Van
08-05-2002, 02:41 PM
Bummer Kav....:( :( :(