View Full Version : stolen tackle box

chris L
05-14-2007, 10:16 AM
My 9 year old daughter jessi had her tackle box stolen yesterday morning arond 7am . we were fishing a local pond when she went to change her lure and said "dad my tackle box is gone . is it in the truck " . We left it on a pole nect to my truck . now this pond we fish every year when the town has a kids derby (5/12) . there were 5 other dads with their kids and 1 guy who was there and then left . So Im sure it was the lone canidate . I felt bad that she had to experience theft at such a young age . nothing major in the box its just the point .

Clammer
05-14-2007, 10:44 AM
Chris

don,t go buy anything // I have a ton of F/W gear >>>>....

it would be my pleasure if she would take some of it >>>>>>>> i,d say all //// but I,m saving some for the G?K,s

call me mIKE

BigFish
05-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Chris.....pm me your addy please!:uhuh:

afterhours
05-14-2007, 07:55 PM
gotta hate thieves....and liars.

Finaddict
05-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Chris -

that's unfortunate ... no need to steal tackle of any kind ... especially a kid's. Not cool.

Chris, I have some small rapalas in great shape, probably never even used ... I'd be happy to send them to you if you want them ... please send me your address.

thanks,
Andy

striperondafly
05-14-2007, 08:21 PM
believe in kharma - the thief will get what is coming to him one day

The Dad Fisherman
05-14-2007, 10:15 PM
I got a lot of fresh-water rubbah I can give her..pm me your addy.

have a couple of lures i can throw in there too

ChiefLinesider
05-14-2007, 10:22 PM
:realmad: :lossinit: :af:

fishpoopoo
05-15-2007, 07:09 AM
Chris,

Sorry to hear that. People suck.

Rappin Mikey
05-15-2007, 08:03 AM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Let's get em!

chris L
05-15-2007, 12:14 PM
thanks for the offers . but I didnt post this for donations more as a way to vent my frustration . she said she would rather have me take her so she could pick out her own lures and gear . the little snake even is trying to wrangle another rod and reel out of this . She sure is my daughter !

im going to let her read this and if she wants she can thank you all for your generosity .

Swimmer
05-15-2007, 06:13 PM
The puke had to know it was a little kids tackle box too.

Raven
05-15-2007, 07:25 PM
perhaps your daughter knows some of the other kids....

my thought was if you could talk with those other dads
maybe someone knows the lone guy....or has seem him
somewhere.

Slipknot
05-15-2007, 07:34 PM
I feel badly for Jessi also :( sorry to here that, I hope she learns from this although by nine it is sad that she has to realize that not all people are honest and many strangers will take advantage of others :(
I hate thieves too:uhuh:
All we can do is teach our children right and hope for the best.

I hope she picks out a good rod because I'm sure she'll outfish you Chris :)

Backbeach Jake
05-15-2007, 08:56 PM
I hate the fact that that dirtbag stole a little piece of your little girl's innocence. How low can a man go? Just teach her to be more vigilant in the future and that you have to watch out for the sneaky people..

chris L
05-16-2007, 10:30 AM
The puke had to know it was a little kids tackle box too.

he sure did , loaded with snoopy bobbers , hooks a couple of lures and I think her badges from the 6 fishing derbies she was in . brought her to the station to show her how the system is supposed to work . you get robbed , go to police make it known what happened , the bad guy sees his err and returns it as lost ( had to give a glimmer of hope ) .

chris L
05-16-2007, 10:31 AM
perhaps your daughter knows some of the other kids....

my thought was if you could talk with those other dads
maybe someone knows the lone guy....or has seem him
somewhere.

did that right then . no one knew him .

chris L
05-16-2007, 10:33 AM
I feel badly for Jessi also :( sorry to here that, I hope she learns from this although by nine it is sad that she has to realize that not all people are honest and many strangers will take advantage of others :(
I hate thieves too:uhuh:
All we can do is teach our children right and hope for the best.

I hope she picks out a good rod because I'm sure she'll outfish you Chris :)

thats what I do teach em right from wrong and that not everyone does .

anyone can out fish me even a one legged FAT dog

Slipknot
05-16-2007, 06:22 PM
he stole her 6 badges? :eek: Now I'm really pissed :wall: :rocketem: :realmad: :realmad:

I hope the loser gets a guilty conscience and gives it back

tattoobob
05-16-2007, 07:04 PM
Scumbag :liquify:

Squid kids Dad
05-16-2007, 09:40 PM
That really sucks..I hope the thief has a change of heart

chris L
05-18-2007, 01:40 PM
well today I am at work in one of the many buildings . This guy walks up to me and says " your the dad of the girl that had her tackle box stolen " ? "My wife found it in the bushes at the pond the next day and brought it to the town paper" . So I left work and picked it up and will give it to my daughter tomorrow when I get home .

the guy must have realized it wasnt worth it to steal and tossed into the bushes .

So I was so happy for her you would have thought I won the lottery .

thanks everyone !

fishsmith
05-18-2007, 02:01 PM
:btu: :btu: :btu: :btu: Finally some good news!!

FishermanTim
05-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Gotta love that Karma!

Raven
05-18-2007, 03:32 PM
sew the badges onto her jacket