View Full Version : Rod Racks on the South Shore?

riverrat2
05-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Looking for a place I can lookt at a few different rod racks for my truck. Anyone know of any places locally(south shore)?

niko
05-14-2007, 04:28 PM
there are not alot of places around here that sell them. i've got a 6 rod rack on my buggy that i bought from a place in jersey - SLK i think it was. i always wished i got the cooler rack w/ rocket launchers. i think raider ronnie does some fabrication work for installs so you may want to contact him about places or pix of his work. good luck they ain't cheap.

riverrat2
05-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Thanks niko, ya I hear ya about not being cheap. I found a site online that is selling a four rod rack for 75 but it is in california and the shipping is another 25$.

basswipe
05-14-2007, 04:56 PM
What type of rack are you looking for?

Swimmer
05-15-2007, 09:32 AM
There was a place on rte. 53 in Hanover across from the mall in the same strip as the big & tall store. I bought my Thule racks there several years ago. Racksmith's or something like that. Front rack is just ski holders. Back rack is the bar going across with a 1" x 6" piece of oak w/pcv outfitted to the oak that holds six rods. I am going to change the oak to plastic this year sometime and rework the rack itself somewhat. It works really well though.

2na
05-15-2007, 10:30 AM
With a little inspiration and some perspiration, you'll get a great rack. What are you looking for, a front mount or a roof rack? Do you have a cap? That place Swimmer notes wanted something like $175 for a two rod rack that you needed to buy another roof rack to hold. I bought a Thule roof rack, some clips from HD and a little pvc, and it works great.

capecodder
05-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Racksmith is no longer in Hanover. I made one for the roof of my 4Runner. I have Yakima bars and bought clips that attach to them. Mounted 6 plastic rod holders on a 1x6" board that attaches to clips. Front I use a Berkley rod holder with the foam inserts mounted to another board on the clips. Works great.

riverrat2
05-15-2007, 07:31 PM
I am looking for a front mount not roof racks my truck doesnt have a cap.

ChiefLinesider
05-15-2007, 07:56 PM
These are the best rod holders available in my opinion... He will put together whatever you want. And they look Slick

http://www.lockingrodholders.com/

2na
05-16-2007, 07:10 AM
Surfcaster has (had?) a 4 tube mount that would attach to your bumper on the license plate mount, which was OK if the bumper wasn't flimsy (I had a toy and it would wobble). I'm sure that there are others out there - did your do a google search yet???

ragfly
05-17-2007, 11:57 AM
WOW Capecodder that is the exact same thing I made up. I knew I should have pattened it...