View Full Version : Kid killed in crash.....

FishermanTim
05-16-2007, 01:05 PM
..supposedly caused while talking to his dad on cell phone.
They believe he may have dropped his phone, causing him to crash.
They want to make others aware of the danger of using cell phones while driving, so they want to push for "hands-free" phones.
Why don't you just DON'T USE THE F$%&ing PHONE while driving?
What would happen if the hands-free set drops a call, or you accidentally hit a button while driving? You'd do the very same thing that caused the kid to crash....YOU'D TAKE YOUR EYES OFF THE ROAD!

This kind of solution is a "methadone" solution to a "heroin" problem.

I am sorry that this student lost his life, but unfortunately, ultimately he caused his own demise.

spence
05-16-2007, 01:34 PM
After using a hands free kit for some years, I think it's just as dangerous as without.

-spence

striperman36
05-16-2007, 01:52 PM
if you dial you will have issues regardless of what hearing aid you have.

Raven
05-16-2007, 02:13 PM
he and i
got cut off bigtime by this kid on his cellphone talkin to his DAD....

that dumb bass turd .....the Dad i'm talking about
doesn't he realize that his son is driving the friggan car...
and he's making him so upset he can no longer drive!!!!! :hs:

well that's what was happening on this particular day...
the cut off was so blatant and dangerous it was like
a hit and run collision sorta...so me and the dude (stranger)
in the pick up (who both left rubber when emergency braking)
went right after him instantly and then we
chased him down in a nearby parking lot around the corner
where he tried to duck and run.... with our vehicles.
not with me ya don't. :doh:

and apparently not with the other guy either... :uhuh:
we were about to haul his ass out of his car and beat
him up.... but then he tells us the "sob sob story"
about his dad callin him and making him all upset....
so UPSET
that he's about to crash..... so hey ! yup... i believe!:wavey:

BigFish
05-16-2007, 02:16 PM
This has been a huge issue with me (among others:) ) but the fact of whether you use your hands or not is not the issue.......it is the mental distraction of speaking on the phone thatr is the problem! You ever start a conversation on the cell while driving and 10 minutes later after the call is over....you don't remember driving by anything in the past 10 minutes??? Its all a blurr??? Thats the problem....not whether you have a hand on the damn phone or not!!!:wall:

Too bad about the young man though.....such a shame!

Hooper
05-16-2007, 02:23 PM
This has been a huge issue with me (among others:) ) but the fact of whether you use your hands or not is not the issue.......it is the mental distraction of speaking on the phone thatr is the problem! You ever start a conversation on the cell while driving and 10 minutes later after the call is over....you don't remember driving by anything in the past 10 minutes??? Its all a blurr??? Thats the problem....not whether you have a hand on the damn phone or not!!!:wall:

Too bad about the young man though.....such a shame!

Big Fish hit this out of the park, he is exactly right. I am a trained accident reconstruction officer, and it has been proven the conversation is the problem, not the cell phone, period. But, we'll all feel real good as a society when we are all forced to have hands free devices on board. Then, me and my buddies can stop you, write a big fat ticket to you and boost your insurance rates, yet again. (That was sarcasm) Which is really all it comes down to now isn't it?!

Well said Big Fish, well said!